Our Sponsors:

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 212223 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 11:26pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Skimmed the thread, but I didn't see these posted anywhere yet.

Taken from Sherdog -

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 11:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point taken. I guess it's the old school yard story "Yes, he was wrong to call you a poop head, but you were wrong to punch him in the nose." Although if I wanted to be nit picky, I could point out that in Ken-Tito 2, Ken leaped to his feet after the match was over and seemed hell bent on continuing to brawl, see also Kevin Randleman-Chuck Liddell or Ryan Gracie-Minowa.

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 11:48pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but ken is delusional

and ryan needs to get off the sauce

randleman/liddell....i don't recall much from that fight so i can't comment

=)

¡Viva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 2:33am

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, i was a little piqued at why Ken went so nutso after being flipped the bird by Tito. I mean really... the lion's den did talk an enormous amount of smack before that fight so they had it coming.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 9:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hank,

Have you watched the Sobral fight? Babalu didn't hold the choke any longer after the ref told him to let go than I've seen in lots of fights. The fact of the matter is if you just watched the fight (and babalu had kept his mouth shut) no one would have even noticed.

Babalu was in the wrong because it was clearly vindictive (only because of his comments), but his actions weren't different from what is commonly observed.

As for not finishing ARE YOU KIDDING? He was pounding away and maintained dominant position instead of foregoing it. That's what you do in a fight. Don't blame that on him, that's the ref's fault.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 10:05am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK

but, he wanted to 'teach the guy a lesson' so now his image and marketability will suffer for it.....nobody wins in the long run
    Marketability? Lol! Sobral may be the "modern" UFCs first Heel! I'm cheering for him in every fight from now on. I already liked his total game and now I get to tune in to see if he makes it personal every time! That is marketability. Paint him as the bad guy from now on and MORE people will watch not less.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 10:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed. Somebody has to take over the "bad guy" role at 205 once Tito leaves, and Sobral would be perfect. WAR Babalu!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 11:39am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    I already liked his total game and now I get to tune in to see if he makes it personal every time!
    Agreed with the whole post, on this note:

I dunno exactly what went on between these two, but I do abhor the big time ****-talkers. Especially those guys who go out with the goal of getting in the other guy's head, by making it personal. Get in his head, sure, but there's a level you don't need to descend to as a professional.
    If they still want to make it personal, then fine. Just no complaining when the other guy fucks your world up for doing so.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 12:54pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by the yellow dart
    On the second one, I would say that most of the world agreed with me that outside of the clinch Randy didn't have a whole lot of a chance. Unfortunately, Gonzaga didn't train well enough and Randy won. I'm not going to backtrack on what I said since I still believe it's true.
    hmmm, my whole gym picked Randy. Also, if you watch the real-time polling that was going on during the Event they kept asking "Who do you think will win?" The whole night the majority picked Randy. Sorry, but what you "would say" is wrong.

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 3:20pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    look it, there seems to be quite a few of u who don't think sobral did anything out of the ordinary.

ya'll must wear tapout a lot don't you? :angel7:

cuz what he did was 'bad for the sport'

while i tend to think the punishment he's receiving is a bit harsh.....nobody else that matters thinks it was too harsh

any other reasoning of mine, i've already posted, and again, its mainly due to having respect for your opponent, and showin mercy for a guy who is clearly beaten. And yes, the ref is at fault as well for not jumping in earlier. I'm done with this argument, its not going to change a thing regardless.

And yes, i do believe his marketability will be an issue as the quotes below show...altho, knowing dana, he'll find some crazy way to hype him up as the bad guy, as some of u have mentioned

Dana White:
    n the post fight press conference, UFC President Dana White also had harsh words when asked about Babalu’s actions during and after the fight.

“What Babalu did was real bad,” said White. “It will be interesting to see what the commission does. I am not happy about it. If you have an arm or leg of somebody in a submission where somebody seriously injures somebody, you'll never be back in UFC again.”
    This latest episode may cost Babalu not only his fight purse withheld by the athletic commission, but also fines or suspensions from the UFC and as mentioned by UFC president Dana White, a possible expulsion from the organization altogether isn’t out of the question.
    so the final verdict for his punishment hasnt been set in stone yet.....