Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 11:48am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    See Gonzaga vs. NCAA All-American Wrestler Carmelo Marrero.

Gonzaga is a fantastic and SMART fighter. He actually would most likely have a lot of trouble standing with Cro Cop. He used his intelligence in that fight, and didn't even try to stand with cro-cop until AFTER he'd taken him down and beaten the **** out of him on the ground. Then, when cro-cop was tired/bloody/dazed he capitalized with his standup. I'm not saying gonzaga has bad standup. It's actually quite good, I just don't think he could outstrike cro-cop straight up.
    you make a good point.

any links to that fight?

wow, i should stop being lazy and actually look for it myself first.

ah well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 11:58am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Renato on the choke:

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:50pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Renato on the choke is a little frog?

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:00pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    which is why i stll think Gonzaga can beat him. outstriking Mirko is no small feat, and to tell the truth, and i may be dead wrong, i still pick Mirko over Randy in the case of such an event.
    How did he outstrike CroCop????? It didn't last long enough to make that determination. Gonzaga nail CroCop with a well placed and somewhat lucky shin to the melon.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huerta needs to fight some legit opposition. He's shown to be vulnerable to good grapplers twice now, getting through via toughness and cardio. I don't really care to see him fight anyone until they put legit competition against him. I don't, at this point, think he can beat the well rounded fighters in his division that have his mma tools AND good grappling.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garuda1
    I read somewhere that Sobral said the guy he fought yelled obscenities at him at the weigh ins, the UFC after report says he believes you can be a great fighter and still be a good sportsman, and that this man needed to be taught a lesson. I don't care, I think sobral's badass. Just no more karate front kicks and more ground.

Bablau is going to get a lot of flack but the fact of the matter is you don't let go unless the ref pulls you off. I've seen other occasions where guys tapped (outside the view of the ref) were let up and then continued fighting as they claimed they never tapped.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:35pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garuda1
    I am not terribly impressed with Gonzaga's head kick. I did think " Oh god" for a second when Gonzaga landed it on randy, but he looked a little gassed, uncomfortable when he threw it. The speed wasn't as much as the one that took mirko out, obviously, and randy was able to eat it, then perform with flying colors. But Gonzaga's kick ends up totally throwing him off balance, I'd have to watch the tape again, even after he lands it his footing is pretty awkward.
    That's what I was telling my friends when they were like, "Gonzaga is still dangerous and could still pull it out." I kept pointing out how his "big swings" didn't have any power left behind them, were being thrown tired and wobbly, and that the fight should have been stopped in round 2.

BTW, anyone have links to the other fights? Gonzaga/Randy is the only one I saw because I was invited to go dancing with this hot girl and her hot sister, originally told them no, changed my mind and drove out to see them, then found out they had left because I originally wasn't going to show up with them.

Sucked, a lot, to be me last night.

Dagon

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:36pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldk
    while your grappling experience is superior to mine in a way i cannot even fathom, i must ask, doesn't Couture's clinch game and constant imposition strategy exhaust a fighter after a few rounds of going with a bigger, stronger opponent? i mean, Randy looks like he is actually OVERPOWERING Gonzaga with this modus operandi.

nevertheless, the second Gonzaga had a bunch of blood trickling down the insides of his nose, his breathing got difficult, and we all know not breathing well in combat sports is a big bitch.

it's my uneducated opinion that Napao's condition after the first round seriously impaired how he performed further on. i think he was gassed from not being able to breathe well, he then had to pace himself, while keeping things in a striking range and swinging hard, or trying to power into a takedown.

while Couture demonstrated why he is the champ (yeah... take notes Chuck) i still thik we shouldn't be so hasty to rule out Gonzaga having a chance to beat him. let's not forget what he did to Mirko. had he been able to go for more than the 1st round in full effect, i think with one little opening on Randy's side, Gonzaga could have rocked him intenseley, allowing for a change in events.

on that note, i have yet to see Gabriel's grappling skills at work. i saw him knock Mirko's head off, and then lose to Randy. he is a blackbelt in BJJ no?
    This argument is fucking retarded and it's starting to piss me off that so many people are using it. "OMG iif Randy wouldn't have broken his nose, Gonzaga could have totally beat that ass!!!" Think for a second how stupid that argument actually is.

Here's another one that would make just as much sense: If Silva wouldn't have bashed his face in and nearly inverted his fucking nose, Franklin could have sooooo beat that ass. Silva doesn't deserve full credit for that, I mean, Franklin's nose was broken and he couldn't breathe, after all.

I had a whole list of these fights in mind to write about here, but **** that ****. I don't feel like typing anymore. If you don't see where I'm going with this, then you're a fucking retard.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think that's what people are saying. Merely that Gonzaga shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. He certainly did get dominated, but the headbutt just as certainly affected his performance.

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:57pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying he should be dismissed either. He's a good fighter and I ,too, picked him to win, but it seemed to me like some people aren't wanting to give Randy credit for the ass-beating he put on him. Like, if Gonzaga's nose wouldn't have been fucked, he would have won. Yeah, the nose definitely affected his performance, but isn't that what Randy was supposed to do, damage his opponent? As someone already pointed out earlier, Randy was clearly winning the fight before that point anyway.

The only thing I really want to get across is that Randy deserved that win and there's no reason to try to discredit what he did.

I'm having a little difficulty articulating what I want to say, so I'm just going to stop now.
    Last edited by SpringHeeledJack; 8/26/2007 2:00pm at .

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast