Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 11:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say it depends on who you train with. Real wing chun is a powerful art.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 11:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tom just in case I wasn't posting to you. I take all criticism from you to HH to Boyd. Kung Fu in general has a huge perception problem.

In hopes of stimulating more debate and pissing people off guess what?

The Kung Fu delivery system may not be the best but, it works. Sorry it does. We got the Old man fending of three attackers using strikes similar to Hung Fist.
    We have the other young kid, we all laughed at, that started from that god awful reverse bow stance. He knocked that fucker to the ground.

Yes, contrary to what DTT and other Chunners say it needs to be fixed. So does 95% of kung fu. Everyone here has has a mindset if it doesn't work it needs to be thrown away. Why?

No one threw BJJ away when the rules changed grapplers added boxing and MT. Yes, I know the fundamentals didn't change. Personally, I think that is the problem with WC. Someone changed the fundamentals. Yes, I buy old Chinese manuals and the Chun doesn't really look the same to me. It looks like it took a hundred steps backwards IMO.

Point is it can work and it does work it just isn't the most effective delivery system.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 11:15am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by King117
    Add to the discussion or I throw you in noobietown.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    Sorry first time for me discussing this sort of thing in the CMA forum, the usual way is YMAS where you just scream insults at the guy till the thread changes shape ie the Paraplege thread in trollshido. CMA POV? So saying give up and do MMA is not valid here I assume.

I feel if you wish to have alive training with Wing Chun then cross training is the best option as you get all the Chun non-diluted plus alive training through MMA.

Is this wrong here as well? Do my posts have to be constructive and polite or MAPesque as it is known?
    That's not the point. In fact, it wasn't even your point at all. Red Herring + Strawman.

You are just being obtuse and a dick on purpose, parroting what other pple say in YMAS without knowing about the subject in question. The fact you are doing Judo over BJJ for X or Y reason doesn't mean anything, either, nor gives validity to your original line of questioning nor indicates you know what you are talking about.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 11:55am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I can't argue about that. But since you are in Baltimore I tell you what. This is a friendly invite. I coach Judo at Baltimore Martial Arts Academy on rt40 every Friday from 6:30 to 8:00. This is a very kung fu friendly place. Stop by, I'll give you a free judo class and we can stay after class for some Wing Chun.

http://baltimoremartialarts.com/

Tomas

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 11:58am

Style: n/a

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Point is it can work and it does work it just isn't the most effective delivery system.
    I agree. I'd even say that the delivery system in itself is not that bad, it is the training method that makes it not work.

Tomas

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 12:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Add to the discussion or I throw you in noobietown.
    I am adding to the discussion. I was giving my opinion and I am allowed to do that right?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 12:09pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am adding to the discussion. I was giving my opinion and I am allowed to do that right?
    Actually, no. This thread is starting to turn into a trollfest. I don't want the old tired debates of well if you learn it right, from this teacher, I have the real, it is the teacher not the art.

Your type of comment is better used in a YMAS chun thread. We have thousands of those.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 12:10pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Drgon
    I agree. I'd even say that the delivery system in itself is not that bad, it is the training method that makes it not work.

Tomas
    Yep and this applies to many Kung Fu styles not just the chun.

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 12:11pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Drgon
    Well, I can't argue about that. But since you are in Baltimore I tell you what. This is a friendly invite. I coach Judo at Baltimore Martial Arts Academy on rt40 every Friday from 6:30 to 8:00. This is a very kung fu friendly place. Stop by, I'll give you a free judo class and we can stay after class for some Wing Chun.

http://baltimoremartialarts.com/

Tomas

Thank you my friend. You may know a friend of mine name tony, on here is name is Tvo. I tried to make the MD throwdown but I found out kind of late. I will come by and thanks for the invite.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast