Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    ... inserting alive training into kata and all the other bollocks is like trying to put gum drops in sewage.

Judo exists today because Jigoro Kano went searching and found 't3h r3a1' Japanese JuJitsu. If Jigoro Kano had your childish attitude with regards to the state of Japanese JuJitsu 120 some-odd years ago, there would have been the distinct possibility that there would not be any Judo - your chosen style - for you to study.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 8/06/2007 1:26pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 1:30pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Judo exists today because Jigoro Kano went searching and found 't3h r3a1' Japanese JuJitsu. If Jigoro Kano had your childish attitude with regards to the state of Japanese JuJitsu 120 some-odd years ago, there would have been the distinct possibility that there would not be any Judo - your chosen style - for you to study.
    Yes, let's put it in the proper perspective.

I wish we had a time machine to look at these art creators. I bet JK trained, fought, experimented and threw away the crap.

So, while I agree with what you are saying, Abusive is right in a sense. Many schools say hey let's hard spar with no tutelage. You can't do that at all.

Now, if you work with fighters that help you, i agree you can drop fighting into a Kata based system. Thing is you can't do it alone. You can't stay in your little box and say look what I can do.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/06/2007 2:02pm at .

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Southpaw - absolutely correct.
    Tom - ditto.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    It is not boxing as in the sport and you know this. Put something stupid in there and watch what happens.
    I am not gonna drag out the old bare knuckles pics with the Man/Wu ready postions and the rolled up sleeves for sensitivity to compare to boxing. Its called "Chinese Boxing" isnt it?

My point was you don't need to go to the SPORT of boxing to get what Southpaw is talking about, you just need to do what real fighters do with any MA. Train Hard in it realistically with the goal of winning fights, and then fight. Having a group of Tuogh Men to practice with helps too. WC is allready boxing. has been for 300 years.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 5:09pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    I am not gonna drag out the old bare knuckles pics with the Man/Wu ready postions and the rolled up sleeves for sensitivity to compare to boxing. Its called "Chinese Boxing" isnt it?

My point was you don't need to go to the SPORT of boxing to get what Southpaw is talking about, you just need to do what real fighters do with any MA. Train Hard in it realistically with the goal of winning fights, and then fight. Having a group of Tuogh Men to practice with helps too. WC is allready boxing. has been for 300 years.
    How did I know you' pull out the tired "chinese boxing?"

Thank you great insight.

You refuse to evolve like every other TCMA did up until recent history. Gotcha.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 5:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing Chun at it's very best is sorta 'dirty ' boxing with elbows, standing locks and a couple of sweeps and checking kicks and a few stylistic quirks like vertical fists and CMA conditioning.

The trapping stuff is low percentage but looks cool if you do manage to pull it off.

If trained hard enough and with and open mind to filling in the gaps, this can be evolved into an decent standup game. That is all.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 5:25pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Wing Chun at it's very best is sorta 'dirty ' boxing with elbows, standing locks and a couple of sweeps and checking kicks and a few stylistic quirks like vertical fists and CMA conditioning.

The trapping stuff is low percentage but looks cool if you do manage to pull it off.

If trained hard enough and with and open mind to filling in the gaps, this can be evolved into an decent standup game. That is all.
    Hmmm that's what we've been saying for the years I've been here.

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 6:03pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    MMA did not exist in Kano's day. There are many decent styles available, unless no other option presents itself then moving to an established style will allow you the best training possible. Judo is my chosen style for the simple reason it is available. However if BJJ was available along with say MMA and muay thai I would go with what suited me and not choose a style based on history or sentimental value as it is not what I train for.
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, whassup? Did they freeze your dick then accidentally use it to cool down a thimble full of water? Or, did you mis-spell crayonist? You know, the guy who makes sure the wax crayons you use aren't too sharp in case you decide to do the decent thing and kill yourself.
    Training log. Here

JFS vs The Villain here

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 6:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    If trained hard enough and with and open mind to filling in the gaps, this can be evolved into a decent standup game.
    Yeah, kickboxing.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 6:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abusivemelon
    MMA did not exist in Kano's day. There are many decent styles available, unless no other option presents itself then moving to an established style will allow you the best training possible. Judo is my chosen style for the simple reason it is available. However if BJJ was available along with say MMA and muay thai I would go with what suited me and not choose a style based on history or sentimental value as it is not what I train for.

So, if I understand you correctly, you either don't understand what this sub-forum is intended for or are just trolling here.

Every thread in the CMA sub-forum is not meant to be used for posts such as yours to rehash the same tired argument. If you are curious, read the stickies and/or other threads in this sub-forum for some perspectives on your issue from the CMA point of view. If you have a new perspective on this issue, also feel free to post in in a relevant CMA thread which directly addresses the issue you brought up. This thread isn't it.

It seems to me as if YMAS is the sub-forum you want. You'll occasionally find me joining in which such trolling in those areas, too. :smile: I have to warn you though, Virus has the particular argument gimmick you're using pretty much covered already.

Edit: Re my last sentence & Virus's post above: See what I mean?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast