By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 10:52pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekondo
    Hanniballistic,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my posts. But since your responses have taken pieces out of my responses to other posts, I am no longer able to follow the gist of what you are trying to say. I would appreciate it if you would summerize exactly what the message is that you are trying to get across.
    I'll try and put it in a clearer form later on - I think it will be a worthwhile discussion from both ends

Slipping coal into stockings with a little sumptin for mom.

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 12:14am

Style: Rehab Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    You are wrong on so many different levels with this.

SD is the same regardless - anyone who attacks you will only do so if they believe they can win. And even then it is not always the case
    The physical characteristics of people who will attack someone in a chair are going to be wider than the characteristics of someone who will (sane and sober) attack a 6'2 cop. Healthy folks tend to forget that predators come in all shapes and sizes, because smart predators don't attack them unless they are bigger and stronger. Some little old lady with a sociopath streak might very well take it out horribly on patients in a nursing home environment, but you would never think of her that way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 1:09am

Style: Defense Fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ekondo, there are lots of factors that can be counted as a disadvantage in fight. Such as being small, weak, blind, in bad condition, etc. And lack of using the legs is one those factors. I like the basic idea that you try to reduce the weak mobility by closing the distance and then use mostly your arms to do techniques. But you seem to be missing few things.

Yes, self defense is not a fair fight. You can go poke eyes and bite the groin, but remember that your opponent is also able to do that. He might have even better mentality to maim someone since he's the one who is attacking in the first place. Also muggers and such are usually living a life where actual violence is daily. They might not be trained martial artists, but they sure know how to fight on streets. Thinking that they would fight like little zombie girls is not a good starting point to create a SD-system for anyone. Also try to keep in mind that in fights people tend to be scared or exited, meaning their senses are acting in different way and they don't feel pain so well.

You seem to be quite negative to receive any critique to your system. Please open your mind and try to realize what these people are trying to tell you. I'm pretty sure that this is the far best wheelchair defense system that people here have seen. Hopefully you can develop it even better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 4:04am

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    A suitable defence for paraplegics would be: Use a sports wheelchair as they are faster and more stable, close in on your attacker and use your powerlifting conditioned upper half to bite headbutt and GNP your opponent into oblivion.
    Well, if these forums have an expert on the matter he's already spoken....

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 4:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'cept I'm not in a wheelchair, but some of the wheelchair bound powerlifters I have met are EASILY capable of it.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 8:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wanabeshinobi
    You seem to be quite negative to receive any critique to your system. Please open your mind and try to realize what these people are trying to tell you. I'm pretty sure that this is the far best wheelchair defense system that people here have seen. Hopefully you can develop it even better.
    I am happy to get constructive input and suggestions on my ideas which are detailed on the www.not-me.org website.
    Last edited by ekondo; 11/16/2007 5:40pm at .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345