8/01/2007 3:52pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2007 North American Freestyle Sambo Championships

ON OCTOBER 7, 2007
    THE SAMBO WORLD WILL COME TO AMERICA

July, 2007 / New York, NY, USA… The American Sambo Association brings you the 2007 NORTH AMERICAN FREESTYLE SAMBO CHAMPIONSHIPS! This OPEN amateur tournament will be held at Rahway Recreation Center in Rahway, New Jersey, USA on October 7, 2007. Amateur competitions in B Division American Sambo Association Freestyle Sambo™ Rules will be open to all amateur competitors throughout the world. This will mark the fourth year that this annual event will take place. This event is open to members of any sambo, judo, wrestling, or jujitsu organization. American Sambo Association membership is not required. American Sambo Association members do receive a registration discount.

The Fourth Annual NORTH AMERICAN FREESTYLE SAMBO CHAMPIONSHIPS will feature THE FINALS OF THE ASA 2007 FREESTYLE SAMBO LEAGUE with finalists Team Empire or Rochester, NY going up against Team Renegade of Long Island, NY. The event will also host the presentation of the annual PIONEERS OF AMERICAN SAMBO award. For anyone interested in the martial arts, the 2007 NORTH AMERICAN FREESTYLE SAMBO CHAMPIONSHIPS should not be missed. This is where the ‘stars of tomorrow’ will begin their trek.

Honor the Pioneers of American Sambo

This award is intended to recognize individuals who have made great strides towards supporting Sambo in the United States. Nominees for this year’s award include: James “Chico” Hernandez, Stephen Koepfer, Jack Kogan, Dayn DeRose, Jason Gabrielson, and Scott Anderson, This year’s winner will be voted in by all active ASA members. All nominees have been based upon several criteria including 1) Competition history; 2) Promotion of Sambo in the US; 3) Literature contributions; 4) Popularization of Sambo in the US; 5) Character attributes that represent the best of our sport; 6) Notable achievements in US Sambo; 7) Any other honorable contributions you may feel appropriate. Be sure to come see who wins this year!

Event Location

Rahway Recreation Center is a newly built sports facility complete with, showers, locker rooms, and a food court. It is conveniently located only 15 minutes from Newark International Airport (by car) and five minutes from the event hotel, the Hampton Inn Linden, which will provide shuttle van service to and from the event and airport. In addition, the Rahway Amtrak station is located at the event center offering only a 30-minute train ride to Manhattan! Its close proximity to the airport and New York City makes this venue a prime location for this type of event.

The host hotel for the 2007 NORTH AMERICAN FREESTYLE SAMBO CHAMPIONSHIPS is the Hampton Inn - Linden, New Jersey location.

For competitor registration forms and general information, call the American Sambo Association at (718) 728-8054; e-mail requests to americansamboassociation@att.net; or visit www.ussambo.com to download all information (coming soon).

Official letters of invitation will be provided to all international and domestic teams by request only. To make inquiries by mail, the address is:

AMERICAN SAMBO ASSOCIATION
    PO Box 5773
    Long Island City, New York
    11105 USA.

If your business or school would be interested in sponsoring this landmark event, please contact the American Sambo Association for more details

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 7:21pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gah, dude, do you know that once again the tournament is running at the same time as the East Coast Judo Championships?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 11:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man...I think they are sabotaging me...LOL.

I really should check these things ahead of time. But, to be honest, we get very few judo guys in the event. I will just have to bribe people to come :)

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 4:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually it looks like Oct 6 will be the Adults division for the EC Judo tournament. You guys are having yours on the 7th. I'll make sure to drop by and watch.

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 12:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awsome! I look forward to meeting you :)

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 3:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is Sambo? j/k

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 12:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL...you ave no idea how many people ask that for real

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 8:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Out of curiosity are there any dedicated Sambo schools in North Jersey? I know of South Mountain Martial Arts, but the Sambo there is only 2x a week.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 9:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.redbearsambo.com

Not sure where in Jersey it is though...

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sambosteve, will this tournament be single or multiple elimination? Also can you please give me your opinion on this?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast