Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aleem, that's very funny.

Also,

"Why Are Bigger, Stronger, Taller And Meaner
    Thugs Absolutely Terrified
    Of Challenging This Mild, Middle-Aged..."

makes him sound like a little guy. He is 6' 205 lb, that's a lot bigger than myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 5:36pm

Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tom Proctor used to have a gym here in Arizona several years back. As I recall several people who I knew trained with him at one point and they said that his standup coaching wasnít bad but that his ground skills were weak. I saw him compete several times at local grappling tournaments and he looked about white belt level on the ground. In all fairness he used to bring in guys to teach the grappling classes at his school.

As far as his mma record is concerned, Iíve never seen him fight but apparently he competed a few times back in the early unregulated Arizona shows. The rumor was that his fights were worked and that he did them to try to validate his credentials. One of my friends saw one of his fights and said that it was an obvious work. I never saw any of them first hand so I couldnít say whether or not his fights were legitimate.

As far as his tapes are concerned I donít know anybody who has seen them. The ads for them were a big laugh among the Arizona mma/grappling community at the time.

A few years back he sold his place (to Rick Roufus I think) and pretty much dropped out of the Arizona martial arts scene. I donít even know if he stills lives here anymore.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 12:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A while back TRS had one of those crazy deals for a bunch of tapes for very few $$$. I bought some and got Tom Proctor's set among a few others. They're okay. He is crazy and it makes it fun to watch because he keeps telling weird stories or says weird things, like how he got into cagefighting as "part of a mid-life crisis. Most guys turn forty and start chasing younger women, I hit forty and decide to start beating up younger guys." That was the most memorable quote anyway.

Long story short, there might be a few techniques you could take from the tapes and the grappling he does give credit to Brazilian Jujutsu and the guy who taught him that. As for the "voodoo shield" it is really sort of similar to Tony Blauer's SPEAR (from what I can gather about the SPEAR). I haven't watched it in a long time, but overall, it seems like a standard system with a couple Chris Clugston-esque things thrown in.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldust
    A few years back he sold his place (to Rick Roufus I think) and pretty much dropped out of the Arizona martial arts scene. I donít even know if he stills lives here anymore.
    Dunno if he lives here or not, but he's been doing fight choreography/stunt work and lately making his own independent B-movies for a while now. Never met the man but I hear his name tossed around as a joke from time to time.

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 10:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You think this is him?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0698354/

Stunt co-ordinator, stuntman=fixed fights? hmmm?

Thanks all for the info.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12