Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that they kept MMA alive in the past, or the fact that I may not understand it as you said it, neither of that can explain nor justify the retarded clownish faggotry of their costumes, wigs, camo makeup and ****. They are pushing their clown **** as the public "reality tv" face of MMA.
    I agree. Although I don't dislike them for "representing MMA in a bad way" or being "bad for the sport", I don't give a **** about the sport, I just don't like their style or their products.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 2:43pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find this interesting too. Most of their women's clothing only comes in one size. So if your girl isn't size "skank", she can't buy it.

I know it's bad that every MMA show out there has Girls Gone Wild commercials during every break, but this is just ridiculous.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, the entire premise is that you don't even have a girlfriend, you're just so awesome and manly that random hot bitches just start sucking your cock without even being asked, and you, in a display of class and generosity, reward them with an article of clothing that, should they wear it in public, may result in an indecent exposure charge. Really, guys, get with the program.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:03pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't stand tapout as a show, or as gear. To me it stands for everything the sport is trying to put behind.

Speaking of clothing. My wife wants to get into more sports. So she started shopping for a gi for bjj. Looking for one cut more for girls. She found one on atama's site. Then she started looking on other sites. It seems 90% of the sites on the internet think all girls do in this sport is wear thongs (not that there is anything wrong with that.)

I found it very funny. I'm trying to convince her that thongs are the offical training gear for women in bjj.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AHAHAHAHAHA!!! NO IT DOESN'T! It represents everything the sport IS but pretends not to be out of a desire for acceptance by the PC police. Sex, violence, and machoism, it's what attracts attention to the sport, it's what makes it popular, it's why people want to see it, it's why girls want to be with the fighters and guys want to be them (or with them, not that there's anything wrong with that). The TapouT guys are obnoxious and make no pretense, but at least they're honest. There will always be an infintismally small number of people who are actually, primarily, interested in the technique, but most people just want to see blood and titties. Pretending otherwise is delusional.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:14pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yet another story to tell. I was watching their TV show. My wife came in and asked me why I was watching WWF Raw. That says enough about the kind of attitude they spread in MMA.

Most of my friends who fight do it because they are under educated, tough, and need money. It's not about being a bad ass tough guy covered in tats who is halfway to roid rage, doesn't need no body to tell him what to do or train, and just wants to kill that guy on the other side of the ring.

When people start talking about hating their opponents, how bad ass they are, and wanting to break people, it just turns me off to the sport.

I want to watch two people fight. I want them to be at their technical and physical peak. I can do without all the crappy highschool posturing that goes behind all of it now to attract the WWF wannbes. I don't care who **** in Tito's coffee. I don't care who called who a bitch, who's gonna kill who, who hates who. I'm not watching a soap opera. I'm not looking for fags in wigs. I want to watch a god damn sport.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, I don't think it's that bad.
    That guy "superfly" matt m...something another was a complete idiot though and he sucked at fighting. Not the kind of fighter I'd want to represent the sport. Still, it was decent tv, regardless of how gay the tapout crew is.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    meh, they're over the top and obnoxious but i give them credit for the level of committment they show to their schtick.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:44pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's no such thing as bad press....

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 8:34pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by schuyler
    There's no such thing as bad press....
    Whitney Houston, Courtney Love, Alec Baldwin, Linsdsey Lohan, Robert Blake and Phil Spector disagree.

As for the Tapout show, it had Greg Jackson, John Hackleman and Crazy Bob Cook. It gave a behind the scenes look at their camps which, to me as a fan, was great. The agenda on the show (sell more Tapout Gear) aside, I think it is a way for people to see these camps and how they function although a less of the hyped up reality from the editors and producers would be appreciated.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast