Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2007 10:52pm

Style: Wing Chun Gung Fu/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wtf i was saying that boxing is better! i was agreeing wit the person who said that the 1,2 1,2 x infinity thing nullifies karate and kung fu guys because they dont train evasions as they dont lknow how to deal with someone who can strike their body weight.

of course its irrelevant to you that the BL thing was merely REINFORCING what i was saying! You could cut BL totally out of the picture and it'd still be true.

God, its almost like even if its true, if it has to do with bruce lee its nutriding.

thats bullshit

Posted On:
    10/09/2007 7:20am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't read through the entire thread, so I don't know if it's been mentioned.

The most common counter you're going to get when you fire that jab, is a slip-hook, or slip cross-hook.

So cover your chin with your shoulder when you punch. Otherwise you're going to be hooked silly when you spar.

If you only want to work on the jab, I find it much more useful to just shadow box. Isolate. Ignore footwork for a moment, just throw the jab. If you feel a pain in the elbow, you're throwing it wrong. The fist should be turned so the top of your knuckles are sloping down at a 45 degree angle. This ensures you contact the target with the first 2 knuckles.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345