Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 2:12pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenTKDStrikes!
    In any martial arts orginization to get rank you have to purchase it. Whether it be Jujitsu, Judo, Karate, Taekwondo you have to purchase your rank every time you test, especially black belt.
    Your remark is most ignorant young Jedi. Many brain cells you must not have used coming to this conclusion.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 6:53pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In any martial arts orginization to get rank you have to purchase it. Whether it be Jujitsu, Judo, Karate, Taekwondo you have to purchase your rank every time you test, especially black belt.
    Exactly.

By the by, could you help me out with this?

Dear Friend,

I wish to approach you with a request that would be of immense benefit to both of us. I am an attorney based in Scotland United Kingdom. I want you and I to make some fortune out of a situation that I am obviously left with no other better option. The issue that I am presenting to you is a case of my client that willed a fortune to his only daughter. It is unfortunate that he and his daughter died on the London Bomb attacks on 7 July 2005. The wife died of heart attack on receiving the sad news a week after. I am now faced with a problem of getting a trusted person who I will make the beneficiary that I would pass the fortune to. And according to the law such fortune is supposed to be bequeathed to the government if there is not any relatives or next-of-kin of the decease that would surface for claim of the fortune.

blah blah blah

I have complete information of his bank account details with an outstanding balance of $48,550,000.00USD ($48.550 Million USD). To make you be sure of this, I can provide you with details of his bank to enable you to log on to his account to confirm this balance. I know that you
    would be apprehensive and feel that this is a big sum, but it does not matter because this is a legacy being passed on to a next-of-kin and you are the available next-of-kin.

I will appreciate your urgent response in this regard. Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.You can as well reach me on mudoock@walla.com

Yours faithfully,
    Kirk Murdock.

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2007 11:07pm

Style: Taekwondo/Jujistu/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Your remark is most ignorant young Jedi. Many brain cells you must not have used coming to this conclusion.
    How am I wrong? Even in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu you have to buy your rank by paying the fee for testing or the new belt and certificate. You earn your rank by working hard but the actual certification costs money. You know the instructors cost and processing fee and paper work. Its just most mocdojangs of Taekwondo take advantage of this a TON and charge people 100's of dollars for a black belt test. The kukkiwon has the prices for each dan rank on the website and it is much much much cheaper than that.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 1:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How am I wrong? Even in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu you have to buy your rank by paying the fee for testing or the new belt and certificate.
    Where do you train?!? I pay my fees (which cover the running of the club and a bit for my Professor and Team) and that's it. Stripes and belts are just given. The only thing above and beyond that is a cut of my purse for each fight but most fighters do that if not out of obligation than out of respect and thanks for time invested them.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 2:49pm

Style: Taekwondo/Jujistu/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Where do you train?!? I pay my fees (which cover the running of the club and a bit for my Professor and Team) and that's it. Stripes and belts are just given. The only thing above and beyond that is a cut of my purse for each fight but most fighters do that if not out of obligation than out of respect and thanks for time invested them.

TKD
    Interesting. I was mistaken about BJJ. So when you get rank in BJJ it is just given? Do they ever have a test? Or is it just given when the teacher sees you doing well?

I have heard in Judo there is different ways to get rank since I am really new to this martial art. I heard there are tests but if you can beat higher belt level people 3 times like at tournaments then you get another rank. In my Judo school rank is not really stressed upon and people don't care about it or talk about it too much. All though they do encourage you to achieve rank if you have the ability but its not the main goal. The main goal is getting skills.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 3:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The point that might be going over your head, is that the difference between a kukkiwon accredited TKD blackbelt and a non-Kukkiwon TKD accredited blackbelt is the fee(s). As it happens I am neither, and of that I am glad.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. I was mistaken about BJJ. So when you get rank in BJJ it is just given? Do they ever have a test? Or is it just given when the teacher sees you doing well?

- For the kids there is usually a formalized process but it isn't a 'every three months you test' type thing. More like every now and then enough kids are ready for a stripe or there is a seminar with one of the higher ranked professors. Then there is an opportunity for them to demonstrate their skills. I know that sometimes a purple and brown belt has a test and that there is usually a 'test' for a black belt but for the most part you just end up having a belt thrown at you..... (I'm good a ducking so I have managed to keep my white belt.)

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 11:10pm

Style: jidokwan tkd,hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless your instuctor is an impesonal douche who treats you like a customer as apposed to a student, money isn't realy an issue.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 1:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im in that database!

go me!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 1:55pm

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I have heard in Judo there is different ways to get rank since I am really new to this martial art. I heard there are tests but if you can beat higher belt level people 3 times like at tournaments then you get another rank. In my Judo school rank is not really stressed upon and people don't care about it or talk about it too much. All though they do encourage you to achieve rank if you have the ability but its not the main goal. The main goal is getting skills.
    i've never paid for a stripe... and i have not heard of anyone paying for their blue belt or purple belt test...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234