Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 9:59am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The Kukkiwon Cert. Fraud

Hello everyone this is my first post. I recieved this link from Sid Rubenfeld who wrote a story in TKD Times titled Kukkiwon Certificate Fraud runs Ramped. If you are interested in readfing it just type in the title and it should pop right ip for you. I posting today about a personal issue I went to a WTF school and recieved a first dan but never my certificate from the Kukkiwon which I paid for. I agree that belts do not make the artist but I'm talking about being promised something that was never delivered. has anyone else out there had a problem and if so what did you do to resolve it?
    I have checked the Kukkiwon site and my Former instructor never sent the regestation paperwork in.I also filed a complaint through the BBB and nothing happened.

Have a great day.

Bob

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 10:53am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah, it's one of the reasons I don't want anything to do with TKD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 11:01am

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have checked the Kukkiwon site and my Former instructor never sent the regestation paperwork in.I also filed a complaint through the BBB and nothing happened.

Unfortunately this is more common than I originally thought. KKW has given people the ability to check their own status online which is something that is a nice check/balance for those who think they are getting screwed, but it still occurs. This was something that kinda happened to a friend of mine who tested and didn't receive her certificate for over a year and a half. Long story short the "master" wasn't up to date on the current documentation and whe he got there he just waited until he tested the next group of black belts to send the package in and save on the post cost.

Since this is your former instructor are you willing to name names?

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 11:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I am planning on taking him to small clams court I don't know if it would be a good idea to name names. But since this site is a no BS site I will His name is Joe Peterson 4th degree. Its a shame that this sort of thing happens it takes away from the art. When I reported this to the BBB instead for replying in a honorable fashion he brought personal issues into play and did his best to belittle me. I understand that as students there is a respect that is expected from ones teacher but that also should work both ways. I could give you the whole story but it is pretty long. I could also forward the BBB complaint and response if it would be helpful to post it. Its public record anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 1:30pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boblesko
    Since I am planning on taking him to small clams court I don't know if it would be a good idea to name names. But since this site is a no BS site I will His name is Joe Peterson 4th degree. Its a shame that this sort of thing happens it takes away from the art. When I reported this to the BBB instead for replying in a honorable fashion he brought personal issues into play and did his best to belittle me. I understand that as students there is a respect that is expected from ones teacher but that also should work both ways. I could give you the whole story but it is pretty long. I could also forward the BBB complaint and response if it would be helpful to post it. Its public record anyway.
    Sure why not, link away. If it's public record anyways . . . btw is there a link to the school Mr. Peterson runs? What are the affliations outside of the kukkiwon and do you know who his "master" is?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 1:42pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by boblesko
    I could give you the whole story but it is pretty long. I could also forward the BBB complaint and response if it would be helpful to post it. Its public record anyway.
    That's what this section of the site is for. The more details we have, the more use it is for people researching instructors. If you put together a nice report backed up with solid evidence we might even post an article on him on our .COM site which is sort of the brief, consumer reports version of our site.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 1:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is he in Franklin, Wisconsin?

http://www.chosunacademy.com/Home.html

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 2:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 4:29pm

Style: jidokwan tkd,hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is something I've never had a problem with. Sabaumnim has my papers but their was no trouble getting them. This may be because pretty much everything in the school comes from Korea.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/29/2007 4:34pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I'm curious. Where can you check rank certification?
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast