Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 8:01pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nor do I, but the OP will probably think they just ate a lot of baked beans or something...they had nice symmetry for Powerlifters though

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    Nor do I, but the OP will probably think they just ate a lot of baked beans or something...they had nice symmetry for Powerlifters though
    At 6' 160, he could stand a lot of baked beans.

You can still get plenty big naturally. My point wasn't for the TC, it was the "look like a powerlifter" comment I was addressing. People have it in their minds that if you do 3 big exercises for low reps, you somehow magically end up weighing 300lbs with a 40" waist.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 5:41pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im definitely sure that my body type cannot gain alot of size naturally(well, just by eating regularly), but I just continue to get stronger without gaining any weight, which in some ways is very good. But i think we can all agree that two people of equivalent strength, and one is twenty pounds heavier, he has the edge on strength. I just want some more weight to use along with my strength.
    Oh and Teh El Macho, to answer you questions:
    1. I dont really have a set plan for eating and i would much appreciate someone giving me an outline for it.
    2. I workout 3 or 4 times a week. The powerlifts I do are deadlifts, sets of 4, 4 or 5 sets. The most weight i do is 285 x 3. squats, lots of fucking sets till i know i will hurt tomorrow. I squat 225 x 10 at most. bench, lots of sets(around 5 for flat, and 4 or 5 for incline), the most i do is 165 x 10. Pretty much everything else i work out (which is just about everything) is around 5 sets per muscle, sets of 10.
    3.I get about 3 or 4 rest days a week.
    4. I take Gold Medal Isolate, once per day when i dont workout, twice a day when i do.
    5. Since its the summer i sleep pretty much 9 hours or more every night.
    6. I havent been to BJJ class in a while because i dont have that much time between work and such, but i train alot with friends, and random grappler at my gym. I work at the gym, which is very convenient, so pretty much whenever i work, i workout on break. And yes, i go to school.
    Hopefully thats gives you enough info, discluding the fact that i dont have a solid eating schedule like lots of you guys.
    Last edited by SevSB; 8/07/2007 9:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 6:24pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its been quite a while, n i gave you as much of the info as i could, a response maybe?

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 7:42pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The single best advice I can give is to save a little cash, go to a reputable gym and have a few personal training sessions where they will set goals, exercise routines and provide dietary advice

Making sure it is a decent gym may be the hardest part

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    8/14/2007 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go buy the book "Starting Strength". Read. Learn. Lift. And in 6 months follow it up with "Practical Programming for Strength Training".
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123