Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 7:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    haha! 88M! Yah, I got porked into 31R, which is MOS speak for "Underpaid HUMVV driver for uptight, spastic officers". Oh well, I'm a civilian with long hair and an attitude now...I showed them!
    In that case you would've been better off being an 88M. One of my buddies from AIT got stuck with being a driver for his CO in Iraq. Four months of medic school for nothing.

I was about to ask if you were stationed in Alaska, but nevermind. You actually chose to live there, lol. (Kidding)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 11:10am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHAH! Yes, I chose to move here from Texas for money (higher pay and the ability to go through the union here to become an electrician) and because my fiancee's parents are here (her dad just retired from the Air Force up here). I am not a chronic fucktard, aka Article 15 Magent, as alot of Army boys up here are (or were when i was in...Wainwright was punishment for being a tool in the late 90's, like Minot for the Air Force).

And yah, getting a HUMVV license was pretty much a given since I was trained as 31R, so low and behold, license = driver, license != MOS, MOS != ****, license > MOS, MOS < worthless

I love Army math.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm Fairbanks bound the end of this year.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 11:36am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    I can only laugh at you.:gaygay:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 1:57pm

Style: Savate, Combatives(BJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) As an enlisted man. How much contact did you have with your CO's?
    Well our XO lived with us and went on missions with us and such, our CO...I'm not sure what the hell he did, he hung back at the FOB and wacked off in the TOC
    2) What were the specific duties of officers?

3) What do you have to do to become a Combat Medic?
    Enlist and train for it I guess, I never really asked ours. He had his hands full but he was basically another joe, was kinda weird when we got back to Germany and he was back working sick call and such and I only saw him downtown.

4) As a paratrooper what types of planes would you jump from?
    Not airborne, I might have been Infantry but I aint stupid. But judging from the running cadence "C130 rollin' down the strip.." I'd say it was a C130

5) What were some things you did that someone like me wouldn't realise just reading off the net or reading books/watching movies?
    Drank ass loads of water, shot dogs, threw flashbangs into porta-potties, threw bottles of piss at Iraqi kids and watch them fight over it, fought constantly with the IA, and smoked an assload of cigarettes...nasty Miami armpit hair filled cigarettes.

6) What were some things you did with each other that brought down the tension of the situation? (having a cigarette, playing cards...)
    Smoked, I played Fallout on my laptop until it choked on the dust, read, smoked, bullshit with the Iraqi Army, bullshit with each other, pranks and pranks galore.

7) How much freedom did you have to choose the weapons you took into battle?
    What you were issued is what you use. I was a M240 gunner in a weapons squad, I'm not gonna say "**** it, today I'm carrying a pistol and an AK", mission plans are drawn up with the unit's capabilities in mind, and each person/weapon has a part to play. Now we did have one of our squad leaders gank an IA's AK about 5 mins before a mission and go out with it because his M4 was fucked. If you look on my myspace page you can see the picture of him in our platoon picture still holding it. Other than that, you stick to your position

8) For you gamers out there, what kind of stuff would you like to see implemented into a game like this?
    For ****'s sake make the machine guns right. And stop making the SAW impossible to shoot while standing,

9) Can you give me or link me to a good list of medals available and the requirements to get them?
    ****, just wikipedia it man.

10) What is some of your favorite military slang?
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast" and "That's as wrong as 2 boys fuckin' "

11) What are the specific duties of each member of the fireteam?
    Team leader - command and control of his team, delegates down orders from the SL, ours always carried the 203 but thats not technically how its supposed to be so..
    Grenadier - M4 with a 203, good for them dead spaces
    Automatic Rifleman - Carries a SAW, usually pulls rear security when stacking, the suppression guy.
    Rifleman - In theory the lowly private, the guy to whom nothing else is trusted yet, the guy that carries the other 3 guys's ****.

12) How close were you with the members of your fireteam/squad/platoon/company/battalion etc. etc.?

My team was tight but my whole platoon was really tight. Even if we did hate each other. You swear you want to kill these guys, and when you get back to Germany your gonna leave and never speak to them again, and then you get back and your all sitting there looking at each other when someone says "Who wants to go get fucked up" and you all get up and leave together. We all knew that be it in a bar or on the battlefield, we were nothing to be fucked with

1-6 Infantry
    "Regulars by God"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 3:06pm

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I was stationed at Wainwright, not too bad.

Things to note:
    If you're the outdoorsy type, you'll love it.
    If you're a city boy, you're fucked. Anchorage is the closest thing to a real city, and it's almost 400 miles away.
    If you're not outdoorsy, try it out anyway. Go on some of the fishing trips, etc. For active duty military, there is land you can hunt on, free(was in 2003, anyway). No need to pay for license, tags, etc. Pretty crowded though, of course.
    You will see Moose wandering town, near your house/barracks, etc. Do not **** with the Moose.
    DO NOT **** WITH THE MOOSE!(you'll hear this several more times when you arrive. A moose near your car, driveway, etc is a reasonable excuse to be late. Never step between a moose and her calf.
    Beware the Tundra Yetis. You'll find them frequenting bars. They're big, hairy native girls. They don't always take no for an answer.
    Spring and Autumn do not exist. There is Winter, Breakup, and Summer.
    Learn to walk on ice.

It is said that one of the following 3 things will happen to you if you are stationed at Wainwright:
    Get married.
    Get divorced.
    Have a kid.

It's obviously not 100% true, but it's eerily close. I knew several folks who did all 3. They were city folk, as it happens. Long winters do that.
    Like snowmobiling? If so, you'll like Fairbanks.

etc, mostly to do with snow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 3:48pm

Style: Krav Maga (4), BJJ white

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forget all that, go to Japan. I was stationed there for six years. Awesome place.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 5:21pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm looking forward to it. My wife and I are pretty adventurous. No kids - just a couple of dogs. We are *sorta* outdoor types. Love camping, hiking, and that sorta thing. Hunting not so much - and I am not very good at fishing.

It isn't permanent so I am not too worried. Everyone says that Alaska is a paradise and they seem to have enjoyed thier time being stationed there. I turned down a $1k duty station swap to keep Alaska. Besides...I'll be deployed at least 15mo.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 6:54pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slang: It's hotter than two rats fuckin in a wool sock! Joe reminded me of this one.

How do you clear a crowded latrine?

Nice Dick!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 7:03pm

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are *sorta* outdoor types. Love camping, hiking, and that sorta thing. Hunting not so much - and I am not very good at fishing.

You'll do just fine then. Some of the glacier hikes are awesome, and Denali is always fun to explore. So long as y'all can keep busy there's no worries. Takes a little bit to get used to the light cycle too, but it's mostly waking up in daylight, and not knowing which 3:00 it is. Or worse, laying down for a nap, waking up at 7:00, and thinking it's 7am when it's really 7pm. Happened to me several times.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast