Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 12:18am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, but I've seen it on a few people. I know for a fact that one was definitely an ex member of the Navy, but I never spoke with the others. Just raised an eyebrow at them as they sauntered by.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 2:46am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here is a link for you for a list of weapons used by the USMC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...._Marine_Corps

also note that every Marine is trained in hand to hand combat:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MCMAP

favorite military slang terms: jarhead, grunt, devil dog, leather neck
    Last edited by curveros; 8/02/2007 2:48am at .

Military Veteran

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 7:19am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     The POW Network Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    When I was doing my stint at the Special Warfare School, I saw more than a few Soldiers with Navy Budweisers. I also saw a lot of SEALs do Army SF training - it's not unheard of or even uncommon.

Logistics are one of those things you don't notice until they're not there.
    The only men who can legitimately call themselves SEALs or legally wear the distinctive SEAL breast insignia are US Navy sailors who have completed the entire SEAL training program which lasts approximately 2 years and who have received a formal/official designation as “Combatant Swimmer [SEAL]” with an attendant entry in their military records of a specific Naval Enlisted Classification Code (NEC). There are no SEALs in any other branch of the US military armed forces. As stated, only the US Navy SEALs are authorized to wear the distinctive breast device variously known as the Trident, the "John Wayne", and the Budweiser". While many units of different branches of the military services are called upon from time to time to work “WITH” the SEAL Teams, those individuals never (NEVER) qualify to wear the SEAL emblem. Non-SEAL Navy units and other branches of the US military services do occasionally send men to the SEAL Teams for brief training sessions. Those training sessions do NOT confer the qualifications for being a SEAL on any of those ‘students’. Such training is most generally intended to facilitate a familiarity with the way SEAL Teams operate, and are intended to make cooperation between different units easier and more effective when they are in the same area of operations.

SEALs often participate in training courses offered by other branches of the US military armed forces, such as Army RANGER training... but they do not subsequently gain authorization to wear the badges, tabs, or uniform elements associated with being a RANGER, nor are they called RANGERS. Their completion of the school is noted in their military service records with class number, graduation date, and class standing, and is noted on their DD-214 Report of Separation. As should be clear, there is more to being a RANGER than simply graduating from that course; elements of training and duty occuring both before and after that course are required to gain the formal designation of RANGER, and members of other military branches cannot become RANGERS. It's for members of the US Army who have completed the entire training pipeline, and for them ONLY. Same thing goes for SEAL training and the designation/insignia of "US NAVY SEAL".

Important to note: SEALs can and do participate in training with other branches of the US military (Ranger School example given above), but no members of any other branch of service are permitted to participate in Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training... NEVER! Besides... completion of the BUD/S course does not result in "SEAL" status. Following the 6 month BUD/S training, graduates participate in another 6 month training course called SEAL Qualification Training (SQT) which involves training in a number of different geographical locations, from Georgia to Alaska. At the end of that time, more than a year after starting BUD/S, and after successfully completing a very rigorous final physical and psychological evaluation, they receive their SEAL Trident and an assignment to a SEAL Team. Once assigned to a SEAL Team, a new SEAL will go through even more training, be assigned to a SEAL Platoon, and undergo 18 MONTHS of platoon training before being ready to make a combat deployment.

If anyone in the US Army is running around wearing a SEAL Trident emblem on their uniforms, they are subject to disciplinary action under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) and potentially face not only reduction in rank, and jail time, but ultimately a BAD CONDUCT DISCHARGE. I know of one instance where an officer with less than a year to go before retirement was caught wearing a SEAL Trident for which he did not have authorization... and he was forced to resign his commission, lose his retirement, and leave the service in disgrace.

Let's make this real clear... the only (ONLY) men who may wear/display a Navy SEAL Trident breast insignia are US Navy SAILORS who have completed the FULL training program run by the Naval Special Warfare Center, successfully graduated and passed all subsequent physical/mental evaluations, and been ASSIGNED TO A SEAL TEAM.

Any questions on that point... send them to me by email - shadek@tri-lakes.net. If you know of someone on active duty or reserve duty - BY NAME/RANK - who is violating the limitations I described above, TELL ME! I'd be pleased as hell to pass their name along to the appropriate authorities. I have contacts in the active duty military world, and in the civilian world with FBI and DCIS who are waiting to get their hands on such blowhard wannabes and chairborne commandoes.

Final Note: there are several former Navy SEALs who have returned to active duty with the US ARMY as HELICOPTER PILOTS. We know their names! There are less than a full handful! They are Army OFFICERS (or Warrant Officers), and have special permission to wear their SEAL Tridents as a part of their Army uniform.

Steve Robinson
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
    UDT-SEAL Association
    Special Operations Association
    POW Network Advisory Board
    Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    Author of the book NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters

I know... my forum signature duplicates the stuff above... but I wanted to make the whole thing here a complete and stand-alone text element, so that ANYONE can cut/copy it intact for their own reference. Again... if you KNOW of someone who is NOT a US Navy sailor who is wearing a SEAL Trident as a part of their uniform display, LET ME KNOW.
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    -UDT-SEAL Association - Member
    -POW Network Board of Directors
    -Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    -Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    -FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    -CyberSEALs.org - Webmaster
    -Author - NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 7:34am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wanted to add I was Signals as well, seems to be a lot of it about.

+ what Asia said about rifles!
    Last edited by adouglasmhor; 8/02/2007 9:04am at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 8:54am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelpong2
    Forgot my fav term:

"Field Bater" - A soldier who is well known for masturbating in the field.
    There were a surprisingly high number of them
    You've been looking at in my tent again!!!!!!!!!

I had an E-8 that scheduled his "me" time for every Sunday when we were either in the field or deployed. He would even announce, "I'm going to take ME time. Got any new ****?" The thing was he was a ***** getting fiend. He ALWAYS has women chasing after him but felt the need to "clean the pipes" regularly.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 8:58am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to see Steve weigh in.

It because of guys like him that I felt the duty to bust out that piece of ****, Ralph Hall. In the last Army Times there was a guy who got busted for claiming a whole lot of **** and turned out he never did a damn thing while he was in and, i think, got busted for wearing BS while he was in.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 11:39am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacksmithSEAL
    The only men who can legitimately call themselves SEALs or legally wear the distinctive SEAL breast insignia are US Navy sailors who have completed the entire SEAL training program which lasts approximately 2 years and who have received a formal/official designation as “Combatant Swimmer [SEAL]” with an attendant entry in their military records of a specific Naval Enlisted Classification Code (NEC). There are no SEALs in any other branch of the US military armed forces. As stated, only the US Navy SEALs are authorized to wear the distinctive breast device variously known as the Trident, the "John Wayne", and the Budweiser". While many units of different branches of the military services are called upon from time to time to work “WITH” the SEAL Teams, those individuals never (NEVER) qualify to wear the SEAL emblem. Non-SEAL Navy units and other branches of the US military services do occasionally send men to the SEAL Teams for brief training sessions. Those training sessions do NOT confer the qualifications for being a SEAL on any of those ‘students’. Such training is most generally intended to facilitate a familiarity with the way SEAL Teams operate, and are intended to make cooperation between different units easier and more effective when they are in the same area of operations.

SEALs often participate in training courses offered by other branches of the US military armed forces, such as Army RANGER training... but they do not subsequently gain authorization to wear the badges, tabs, or uniform elements associated with being a RANGER, nor are they called RANGERS. Their completion of the school is noted in their military service records with class number, graduation date, and class standing, and is noted on their DD-214 Report of Separation. As should be clear, there is more to being a RANGER than simply graduating from that course; elements of training and duty occuring both before and after that course are required to gain the formal designation of RANGER, and members of other military branches cannot become RANGERS. It's for members of the US Army who have completed the entire training pipeline, and for them ONLY. Same thing goes for SEAL training and the designation/insignia of "US NAVY SEAL".

Important to note: SEALs can and do participate in training with other branches of the US military (Ranger School example given above), but no members of any other branch of service are permitted to participate in Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training... NEVER! Besides... completion of the BUD/S course does not result in "SEAL" status. Following the 6 month BUD/S training, graduates participate in another 6 month training course called SEAL Qualification Training (SQT) which involves training in a number of different geographical locations, from Georgia to Alaska. At the end of that time, more than a year after starting BUD/S, and after successfully completing a very rigorous final physical and psychological evaluation, they receive their SEAL Trident and an assignment to a SEAL Team. Once assigned to a SEAL Team, a new SEAL will go through even more training, be assigned to a SEAL Platoon, and undergo 18 MONTHS of platoon training before being ready to make a combat deployment.

If anyone in the US Army is running around wearing a SEAL Trident emblem on their uniforms, they are subject to disciplinary action under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) and potentially face not only reduction in rank, and jail time, but ultimately a BAD CONDUCT DISCHARGE. I know of one instance where an officer with less than a year to go before retirement was caught wearing a SEAL Trident for which he did not have authorization... and he was forced to resign his commission, lose his retirement, and leave the service in disgrace.

Let's make this real clear... the only (ONLY) men who may wear/display a Navy SEAL Trident breast insignia are US Navy SAILORS who have completed the FULL training program run by the Naval Special Warfare Center, successfully graduated and passed all subsequent physical/mental evaluations, and been ASSIGNED TO A SEAL TEAM.

Any questions on that point... send them to me by email - shadek@tri-lakes.net. If you know of someone on active duty or reserve duty - BY NAME/RANK - who is violating the limitations I described above, TELL ME! I'd be pleased as hell to pass their name along to the appropriate authorities. I have contacts in the active duty military world, and in the civilian world with FBI and DCIS who are waiting to get their hands on such blowhard wannabes and chairborne commandoes.

Final Note: there are several former Navy SEALs who have returned to active duty with the US ARMY as HELICOPTER PILOTS. We know their names! There are less than a full handful! They are Army OFFICERS (or Warrant Officers), and have special permission to wear their SEAL Tridents as a part of their Army uniform.

Steve Robinson
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    UDT-SEAL Association
    Special Operations Association
    POW Network Advisory Board
    Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    Author of the book NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters

I know... my forum signature duplicates the stuff above... but I wanted to make the whole thing here a complete and stand-alone text element, so that ANYONE can cut/copy it intact for their own reference. Again... if you KNOW of someone who is NOT a US Navy sailor who is wearing a SEAL Trident as a part of their uniform display, LET ME KNOW.
    Oh ****...

That really bothers the hell out of me. It figures though - that round at the SWCS I was a private attending my AIT and you have to figure that anyone assigned to baby sit us would be a POS. (Hey OP, that's a good one meaning Piece Of ****)

Regardless, I'm sure he got caught and had a toilet plunger driven up his ass. At least I hope so. Article 125 does contain a provision for that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 1:00pm

Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks alot guys keep it up. All of this is being printed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor Biggun
    What difference in terms of being team and goal orientated will your game be compared to say America's Army ?

Putting all the Army PR Hype to one side, your game will need to at least match AA in terms of game play and visual candy before anyone will pay a great deal of attention to it.
    In all honesty I've only gone through basic training on AA for some reason I can't connect to any online servers. We intend to swamp them in gameplay and match in visual candy. There will be similarities such as a skeletal basic training requirement. You will gain skill points via successful team missions which can be used on advanced training for special forces, better weapon mastery (imagine the aiming reticule getting smaller the better you get with a weapon.) things like that.

This game will focus less on the high powered itchy flick of the wrist trigger finger and more on just surviving and doing what you have to do. For instance, say you get shot in the leg but still complete the mission. Not only do you get a purple heart but you also have to go before a medical evaluation board, if they deem the injury too severe you go to a desk or home. Game over.

Another thing you we are toying with is the idea of an "after the military" generation scenario, just a quick end screen stating what happens after you get out. Such as, ever wondered what happened to the crazy combat monkey who wanted in every fight, finally gets in and gets his leg blown off right away, then has to adapt to civilian life?

We want a first person shooter everyone can play and feel as though they are making great advancements regardless of how many bad guys they scragged. We are aiming for the casual gamer, not the FPS diehards. Basically the goal is simple: it's not about getting kills, its about not getting killed.

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 1:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude sign me up!!! I'd play that.

Some of my favorite acronyms i've picked up from working with army guys are:

CLM - career limiting manouver
    PNG - pencil-necked geek
    FNG - Fucking new guy
    Last edited by Neildo; 8/02/2007 1:50pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 1:26pm

Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by airman kai
    Survival. Very few engagements in this war on terrorism are to wipe out the enemy completely. I'd like to see missions/levels where your main gaol is just not to die. Gotta make that **** scary, too.
    Glad you mentioned, one of the main reasons I am asking about things you did to kill tension is that we are toying with the idea of mental conditions during battle. Pissing your pants, shitting yourself, thousand yard stare, things like that. Basically when one bullet can kill you and you're walking through the streets where everyone looks the same, and suddenly theres gunfire. You're gonna need to hear a good joke to keep from freaking the hell out. More importantly, all of a sudden playing poker with your buddies back at the barracks don't seem so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    Plan, research, resource. Basically the admin stuff. I'm really looking forward to that, not.
    We've considered that, so we are gonna redesign the CO's job. Basically they'll be assigning Waypoints, supply drups, artillery strikes, air strikes, close air support (apaches.) and evacuation points. They'll also have a full roster of soldiers underneath them depending on their rank, with full info on the individuals capabilities.

Sure, you want your best gun out there everytime but if Sergeant Mathis goes on every mission hes got a pretty damn good chance of getting taken out of commission. So do you protect him, or let him do his thing? Depends on your command style.

We understand there is a crap load of paperwork, we plan on making it simplified and rushed through.

Basically, Enlisting will be for guys who want to shoot. Officer Candidate School will be for the strategist.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast