Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2007 12:20pm

Style: DrunkenWolverine Ninjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats a pretty good idea, I think the historic campaigns would have to be expansion packs or sequels though. Just consider how much space and effort its going to take with making a modern campaign with so many different forces.

Also who's at war with who will be determined pretty randomly so that each game will be totally different. We've actually considered such options as United States VS Canada, or Britain VS Italy. For the most part the likelihood of "bad guys" will be based on your "home" team. Such as if you choose Iran as your home team, Israel, Iraq and the United States will have the highest percentage 15% 20% 30% respectively and North Korea being more like 2%.

We're also considering expanded or multiple campaigns such as, If you are say New Zealand or Australia and you just finished your tour in Iraq or wherever you could be assigned to another war front.

Anyways, thanks for your input and if you have anymore ideas do me a favor and shoot em this way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2007 12:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course, as a soldier you have absolutely no say as to who you go to war with. Though there will be political "news" and such in the game and you will build relationship with your friends in common talk.

Even though it won't be blatantly apparent, if you just finished watching BBC with your best friend in the British forces and the news was talking about Terrorist attacks in London suspected from Germany, and China putting economic pressure on a valuable ally.

If while you're talking to your friend you say stuff like "MAN we should totally whop those Chinese guys!" Then it will slightly raise the chances of your PM sending you against the Chinese rather than the Germans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2007 12:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally time for round three of questions to the brave and noble soldiers who have the gusto to defend their respective nation.

Navy:
    1.N) What are some major positions aboard submarines/carriers/destroyers/little boats, and which do you think would fit best into a game?

2.N) Does anyone have any really good links to Naval Fleets regarding weapon loads, sonar systems etc. for different ships from different nations?

3.N) Whats the Flight team like on a Carrier? i.e. Engineer, Pilot, etc.

4.N) Besides pilot, what type of naval crewman would most likely fit best in a video game?

5.N) What are the duties of Officers on Naval ships, from captain down? If you just know a few but not all please post them, any little bit would be progress.

6.N) This is a broad one, but during war time what type of roles do SEALS provide?

For the Air Force.

1.A) What are the flight teams like? i.e. Pilot, engineer, weaponmaster, loadmaster. etc.

2.A) What positions would you most like to play besides pilot?

3.A) What are some other types of planes that see heavy usage during war time that I may not know? Like, A-10's are used for tank busting and close infantry support. B-2's are long range bombers, F-16's also fill bomber roles besides just fighting.

4.A) Besides what I listed what are some major roles the Air Force provides during war time?

5.A) Pararescue and air combat controllers are way cool and would fit GREAT into a game. Besides the obvious what are some type of missions would you see these guys sent on?

I know these questions are more vague then the last so don't feel obligated to explain them in detail, anything you can share with me would be excellent. I have already printed out and mailed them to my associates for review and I'm pretty confident we are going to use them in great detail. Feel free to correct me in any and all misused terminology as it would help out greatly.

More important than all else. Thank you guys so much and I promise you that you will be given due credit (and possibly consultant fees) for helping me and my associates out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2007 12:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    7.N) Onboard a vessel how much contact did you have with your CO's? Did you ever get to talk with the captain?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2007 2:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is alittle off topic, but, why can't I give you guys positive varrots for posting such complete and well composed answers to my questions in this thread?

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 3:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by conceited
    12) How close were you with the members of your fireteam/squad/platoon/company/battalion etc. etc.?

sorry, jsut realised I missed a question. Answer:

Fucking close. Friends for life and no doubt about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 6:33am

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Army Airborne Infantry Officer

2. This is rank dependent. Lieutenants are in charge of 40 soldier platoons. Captains are in charge of 4 PLs. Lieutenant Colonels run Battalions and Colonels run Brigades. Some of this also depends on branch (infantry, quartermaster, MP, etc). Officers also serve in staff positions.

3. The C-130 and the C-17. Also, jumps can be made from Blackhawks and Chinooks.

6. Soldiers play video games. Halo is one we played a lot.

7. No freedom for conventional soldiers. There may be small changes, as in some people emight have a shotgun as well as their normal weapon. Also, the M-14 is making a comeback amongst Designated Marksmen (not a sniper, just a squad level soldier used to engaged farther-than-normal targets).

10. Leg = Not airborne qualified, NAP = Non-Airborne personnel, FUBAR = Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition, BOHICA = Bend Over, Here It Comes Again, FTA = **** The Army, Rack = bed

Names to call things that are screwed up => Chickenwire canoe, Football bat

Other funny things that you can tell people to look for, but do not exist = Bottle of Squelch, Box of Grid Squares (or illuminated grid squares), Keys to the drop zone, Blank adapter for a grenade launcher, Prickey-8 ("Prick E-8", which is a Master Sergeant who you are calling a prick. Also works for E-5 through E-7), BA-1100-November (a balloon, "BA" is the prefix for battery), a ID-10T ( an idiot, "T" is said "Tango"), bottle of headlight fluid, Coax fluid, the disk to install the internet, blank adapter for a tank.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 8:11am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) As an enlisted man. How much contact did you have with your CO's?

At first, not much unless you did something really good or if you fucked up, even then you dealt with the 1SG more. As I got more senior in rank I dealt with them more and more. When I became the BN S6 NCIOC at my last duty station I dealt with them on an almost daily basis. One thing I am going to miss and the day to day dealing with my soldiers.

2) What were the specific duties of officers?

Plan, research, resource. Basically the admin stuff. I'm really looking forward to that, not.

3) What do you have to do to become a Combat Medic?

Sign up for the MOS. I, like most, am Combat Lifesaver Qualified but that is not even close to the same thing.

4) As a paratrooper what types of planes would you jump from?

C-130 rolling down the strip......

5) What were some things you did that someone like me wouldn't realise just reading off the net or reading books/watching movies?

Way too much stuff here. Most books and movies will intentionally omit or misuse things. I think my biggest things I would tell pple is that bullets got through vehicles in real life (except for the engine block) and grenades are definitely not as powerful as you see on film.

6) What were some things you did with each other that brought down the tension of the situation? (having a cigarette, playing cards...)

On one liason mission we were meeting with a group and there was some tension and posturing. The officers where doing their thing and I decided to sit back and whipped out a NEOGEO Pocket. That broke the tension because everyone wanted to see what I was playing so I passed it around. Being signal there will be a video game device as part of your packing list, at least when I write the list.

You need to be good at SPADES or POKER. This is a must!

7) How much freedom did you have to choose the weapons you took into battle?

None as a lower enlisted. As you get up higher you get a wee bit more choice but it will depend on your role, your unit, mission, etc. Mainly you will have a choice between M-16, M-4, M-9, M249. Glock 19s were issued once. Grenades will vary.

8) For you gamers out there, what kind of stuff would you like to see implemented into a game like this?

9) Can you give me or link me to a good list of medals available and the requirements to get them?
    Too long. There are many sites that will out line what is needed.

10) What is some of your favorite military slang?
    HOOAH (Army) very versatile. Meaning **** YEAH! to "You're a fucking idiot but I can't blatantly tell you that"
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 9:09am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1) As an enlisted man. How much contact did you have with your CO's?
    Hopefully, none. As it's already been stated, the only people that have extended contact with the CO are the people who work directly under/around him, MOSTLY. If you **** up real bad, he'll be the on yelling at you.

2) What were the specific duties of officers?
    I wasn't aware they did anything, tbh. Seriously, though, they manage stuff. So I hear.

3) What do you have to do to become a Combat Medic?
    For AF we're all trained in SABC ("Self-Aid/Buddy Care"), but this is just a course intended to give you enough knowledge to keep a guy alive until a REAL medic gets there. In the AF, if you see a medic, it's probably NOT a fellow airman, but most likely an army guy. In the hospital, though, you want it to be the other way around.

4) As a paratrooper what types of planes would you jump from?
    C-130.

5) What were some things you did that someone like me wouldn't realise just reading off the net or reading books/watching movies?
    Only the most HUAH guys want to be in combat. Most guys will immediatly think, "why the **** am I even here?!" when bullets start flying. This may not apply to super-l33t spec-ops and all that, but your average convoy is filled with guys who would rather never see combat.

6) What were some things you did with each other that brought down the tension of the situation? (having a cigarette, playing cards...)
    Talk about bitches, man. *****. Just keep your mind occupied.

7) How much freedom did you have to choose the weapons you took into battle?
    I'm com, but even so, it was either a M16 or an M4 for me. I lucked out because I manged to qualify as a marksman with an M9 (pistol), so they're letting me deploy with that (and the fact that I don't actually NEED a rifle. If the com guy has to draw his weapon, it's pretty much game over).

8) For you gamers out there, what kind of stuff would you like to see implemented into a game like this?
    Survival. Very few engagements in this war on terrorism are to wipe out the enemy completely. I'd like to see missions/levels where your main gaol is just not to die. Gotta make that **** scary, too.

9) Can you give me or link me to a good list of medals available and the requirements to get them?
    10) What is some of your favorite military slang?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 9:22am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm com, but even so, it was either a M16 or an M4 for me. I lucked out because I manged to qualify as a marksman with an M9 (pistol), so they're letting me deploy with that (and the fact that I don't actually NEED a rifle. If the com guy has to draw his weapon, it's pretty much game over).
    I used to think the same thing until pple started shooting at me.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast