Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 3:34pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hoping to shed some light on WTF Full Contact TKD...

Just the kicking aspect please pay no attention to there hands, maybe a few will realize how well these kicks work when applied to the right situation...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jvjvugJ2rFM

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 3:40pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I do agree that some of these kicks are very useful... a lot of those kicks could have been negated entirely if hands were kept up.

I did see some good hook/wheel kicks though, that I could totally see connecting in a fight. Overall, nice find, is it your vid?

EDIT: Although I had to watch it with the sound off. The music... bleh. :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 3:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks
    While I do agree that some of these kicks are very useful... a lot of those kicks could have been negated entirely if hands were kept up.

I did see some good hook/wheel kicks though, that I could totally see connecting in a fight. Overall, nice find, is it your vid?

EDIT: Although I had to watch it with the sound off. The music... bleh. :P

No not my vid just somthing I happened to find on Youtube...And I agree with the music comment, thanks for not bashing my first art.
    Last edited by MastaChance; 7/27/2007 3:44pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 4:01pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't see how this shows the power of the kicks? Well no **** someone can get knocked out with one of these kicks... Any toddler can figure out that if your hands are down, and you take a kick to the face, its not going to be pretty. Simply keeping your hands up and closing the distance on most of those kicks negates them. I get tired of WTF style TKD'ers saying its applicable.... when WTF are the only ones taught to keep their guard down the entire time.

Let me punch you in the face straight up with no guard and I argue you will get the same effect...

Lesson learned from that video... Punch WTF TKD'ers... and keep your hands up where they should be anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 7:33pm

Style: WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What most people don't realize is that there ARE people who try to keep their hands up at all times in WTF sparring, and they're generally slower than hands-down fighters and get beat to the kick. You've got to stay relaxed to be fast.

That said, there's a time when you're up in range when off-the-line speed is no longer as important as keeping yourself in one piece, because you're in the danger zone. That's when hands NEED to come up to keep from getting nailed in the face. Giving up a couple of body shots is a small price to pay, so long as those nasty hooks don't connect cleanly. There's a zone where, if the hands aren't up already, they need to be ready to come up in no time at all, and a lot of fighters don't know this. I'm guessing that further limitations on sparring than just WTF rules are to blame for that, like restricting headshots to light or touch contact and discouraging hard sparring in general. Many others (including myself) just forget to raise that guard from time to time, though, especially when really tired or a bit beat up, which happens to be precisely when it ABSOLUTELY needs to be there already. Now there's something to work on...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 9:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    I don't see how this shows the power of the kicks? Well no **** someone can get knocked out with one of these kicks... Any toddler can figure out that if your hands are down, and you take a kick to the face, its not going to be pretty. Simply keeping your hands up and closing the distance on most of those kicks negates them. I get tired of WTF style TKD'ers saying its applicable.... when WTF are the only ones taught to keep their guard down the entire time.

Let me punch you in the face straight up with no guard and I argue you will get the same effect...

Lesson learned from that video... Punch WTF TKD'ers... and keep your hands up where they should be anyway.

Stick to grappling....No one is "Taught" to keep there hands down they just do, I don't when i fight, so there are exceptions...You simple minded fool, I said check out the kicking techniques, and how there used to counter other kicking techniques.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    Stick to grappling....No one is "Taught" to keep there hands down they just do, I don't when i fight, so there are exceptions...
    So you think we should judge styles by the exceptions?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    So you think we should judge styles by the exceptions?
    No I think you should watch the video like I said, and form your own fucking oppinion. I am done with this site, anytime a topic is brought up, instead of discussiong that topic with people who know about it, i always end up defending the topic from people who don't know **** about it, if you have never trained it then stfu about it. But anyway I am asking for a permaban, so there is no way for me to ever get back on this site, even if i want too...

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with above. Those kicks work, but only under the artificial conditions in which TKDers fight. The same can be said of chi sau, chi sau works exceptionally well against someone who's... trying to chi sau right back. It's worthless against someone who doesn't try to maintain that range, in the same way those kicks are worthless against someone who doesn't lead in with their fucking chin.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I broke MastaChance with a question, awesome
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast