C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    8/15/2007 4:07pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^
    More such posts please! Personal experience, detailed description - a serious contribution to the debate.

*Yeah I know this is virtual c*ck-sucking, but if you don't like it, you guys can blow me...*

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    8/17/2007 1:59pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    When I did Chi Sau it was different to the pushing hands I now do in several ways. Other people's mileage will vary. I don't claim to have the real chun. :-

1) We did use our bodies in Chi Sau. Power generation as I was taught in WC was about transfer of an explosive movement from the back leg more than using hip rotation. This was also used in a less explosive way to drive people where you wanted them to go when you had them trapped (we used to bang each other into walls to make a point). In the tai chi I've been taught there's far more expansive movements with use of body rotation for power.
    Nice post. I also think this is the main flavor difference overall, straight line vs Torque. Each having some of the other, but ....

from post#14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    It simple boils down to whether you keep your centerline lined up constanly(WT) or if you instead rotate your centerline sight on and off target to generate Torque.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789