Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 3:43pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Done, I threw a link all over my answers....

OpinionatedKitten is hilarious, you should read he/she's other answers sometime... I think she is one of the ones that always Thumbs downs me lol...

The good thing is I am one of the top answerers, and that comes only from posting like this with sound advice about Aliveness in training, Cross training, MMA, etc.

So it leads me to believe that many people are coming around to what Martial Arts is, and what it isn't, at least in my bloviated opinion of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously people, check out the links.... I promise you it is worth it... The videos are AMAZINGLY bad, and the Site itself has Doves all over it...

Man, I am still cracking up....

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Merpati Putih

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judomofo -

You posted so many bullshido links in your answer that I accidentally clicked on one and registered thinking I would be winning a MacBook Pro for zapping a bug in a mini game and answering a 3 question survey....or not. Any way, the reason i'm here:
    "Bullshido is the largest Martial Art website in the world (hits and forum members wise). They often go around and actually debunk Martial Art frauds. They also verify schools and instructors as "The Real Deal" They have members pretty much everywhere, and are HIGHLY adept at researching the validity of claims. Meaning if this art was really released to the public and it's foundation etc.

If people check it out and all is legit as you say it is, the attention it could bring to your art and helping it spread could be tremendous.

Additionally you can test your skills at one of their various "Throwdowns" where you can demonstrated what you have learned. Not just sparring or fighting, but perhaps you could "break an iron well pump handle".

Anyway, you have given me something to do as I will now see what I can dig up on your art. Feel free to check it out at Bullshido.com and we'll see where it goes.."

Well let me get you started on your digging:
    http://search.bbb.org/Results.aspx?n...add=&c=&st=&z=
    0 complaints.

http://mp-usa.org/testimonials.html
    Plenty of results.

Open House
    Sept 15 & 28
    7 PM
    Public welcome
    Link to the Fox Utah page for more details (Thanks for taking care of the hyperlinks JudoMofo)

Also, for anyone who hasn't checked out the Yahoo Answers page, I'm a farily new student, not a teacher. I have friends from the first class I started almost 4 years ago still taking the class, and I keep coming back for more. This isn't just a martial art, it's a life art. Breaking is cool and all, but it's just a tool used to measure our inner power and control of energy. I am not saying our fighting system (pencak silat) is superior to others (I definitely want to round out my skill set with ground work) , but our organization does have something that most others do not and that is the ability to develop and control large amounts of tenaga dalam (chi, inner power, bio-electricity what have you). These techniques are not just used for destroying metal, concrete, etc, but also for healing others and re-wiring your entire body as it was intended. Synchronizing mind, body, and spirit.

The teachers are some of the most genuine kind hearted people you will ever meet, they are not here to take everyone's money. Matter of fact, it's one of the cheapest martial arts you can take in Utah without it being run out of some dude's garage.

The only reason you haven't heard of this art before, JudoMofo, is because of skeptics like you who are quick to judge and write something off that they do not understand. I don't see what was so hilarious about the 10 steel bar break on the mp-usa.org site.... also, i'm not sure if you know what Fox is, but My Fox Utah is Fox 13 news. I'm not sure if you know what news means, but here's the first paragraph of Wikipedia in case that helps:
    "News is any new information or information on current events which is relayed by print, broadcast, Internet, or word of mouth to a third party or mass audience. The reporting and investigation of news falls within the profession of journalism. News is often reported by a variety of sources, such as newspapers, television, and radio programs, wire services, and web sites. News reporting is a type of journalism, typically written or broadcast in news style. Most news is investigated and presented by journalists and can be distributed to various outlets via news agencies."
    Steel was being broken for the news broadcast, live, in front of the reporters. What's funny about that? I think it's really cool. What's funny to me is I didn't see the reporter debunking steel being broken in front of him. If I wanted to make sure a martial art was legit before signing up, I think I would rather the art be subjected to professional journalists and broadcast on live TV to prove the validity, as opposed to taking the word of someone in a forum who has absolutely no experience with the art, talking crap on everything but their own fighting system. I would check the Better Business Bureau for a history of fraud and complaints before making the type of comments you do in regards to my teacher's integrity and student satisfaction. If anyone in Utah is interested in joining, you won't regret it. Then you can come back to all of your Bullshido buddies and put up the same vain argument I am....I can't say that for sure because it doesn't seem worth it after a while. I don't feel the need to prove my abilities to anyone, I know what I can do and I gain a better understanding of what I will one day be capable of every time I train. You are the only one who can prove to yourself what's real and what isn't. Thanks for letting me "join" your forum.

Peace -
    Brian

"Everyone needs MP, they just don't know it yet"

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What? Someone said there's gonna be video?

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:54am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, what is up JudoMofo! Glad to see a familiar Y!A face. Secondly, I totally passed that question by. It's not even worth my wasting time for the 2 pts. I would invariably spend half an hour or more typing an essay on chi and it's fakery and that always makes me angry to see how much of my life I wasted so that the original questioner can give best answer to "OMG yes chi glove r 4 r34lz i see it from mster who trained me n chinaz when i waz juss 4!" I get enough hate mail already for my MMA vs. TMA views, I don't need the bamboos, Dillmans and Chi Gung freaks spamming my inbox too.

tenagakid: I am God. The facts were published on my local tv station. I don't feel the need to prove anything to you about my being God because I know I am God.

Seriously, it sounded more like glass than iron. But even if it was iron, it's very easy to understand. See, iron is untempered, which means it has millions of little flaws which make it brittle, especially the thickness apparently used in the video. Steel is tempered, hence the reason we have "steel skyscrapers", "steel safes" and "steel swords", not iron. Even "angle iron" and "iron rebar" is actually tempered by the milling processes involved in their creation. But that didn't look like any kind of rebar. And it still sounds like glass.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 11:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    I am God. The facts were published on my local tv station. I don't feel the need to prove anything to you about my being God because I know I am God.
    How come you took my stepdad unexpectedly when I was 10? Mom was left alone on this earth with four kids to feed.

And how did you let disco happen? You could have stopped the 70's but you didn't.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 11:54am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Divine retribution. You were bad. You think I didn't see what you did to that hamster behind the dugout at the baseball fields?

That answer applies to both of your questions. Disco is also your fault.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 12:46pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yahoo Answers is pretty much a clusterfuck.

Judomofo, you have more patience than me.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 1:23pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, these college drunks totally own the whole "astral projection" thing. We should take classes from them and learn about the art of "Jock-Fu":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV1cjdQC7gw

Dagon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 2:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow,

Thanks for coming Brian! Now this thread should really get some hits, that is of course if anyone actually wants to take the time to go over what has been done like a million times on here.

Unfortunately I am at work so I can't post the links to DOZENS of other stories of notable fakery, done by LOCAL news Channels. Or even the funnier ones where local news channels invite other Martial Artists to check out these Chi Doctors, and are invariably uneffected due to "natural athleticism" or their own "ability to deal with Chi".

Hopefully one my colleagues here will, or I will just have to do it myself when I get a little tickle later...

So let's get this straight? No compliants from the better business beareau? Well that is great, that means they pay their bills. That means they are a legitimate business. Well that says little for the Martial Art.

As far as Testimonials from your actual website? Give me a break!

Some other sites you can check out... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

There are people such as John Edward also have TONS of testimonials! In fact THOUSANDS!

Because someone is able to fool some people some of the time doesn't mean that it makes it legitimate.

There were 74 other people in Waco, Texas that believed David Koresh was a prophet and that everyone else were just "skeptics".

38 people killed themselves believing in the crap Marshall Applewhite was selling...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_%28cult%29 (just in case you were curious)

Why am I listing cults?

How bout Pyramid schemes? Amway for example has hundreds of tesimonials from people who have "become Millionaires".

Noni, Meleluca, etc.

Testimonials of those involved really have nothing to do with it.

Better judge would be those who weren't happy with it, and seeing what they said about the whole thing.

What? No one is ever NOT Happy with it? Hmmm... that I would find suspicious, Hell some people complain about Amsterdam!

Man I so hope this gets moved to the Bullshido forum, or someone in Utah comes and checks out your school lol.

Anyway, thanks for joining and I hope you stick around for further discussion, look around and maybe you might find yourself asking some questions of your own.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast