Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 2:26am

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do flex my wrist VERY slightly for full alignment, when I punch with full force, otherwise I would get wrist injuries.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 2:42am

Style: TKD, Boxing & SW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is a major misconception about 3 knuckle punching. with 3 knuckle punching one lands with the ring finger not the pinkie, this protects the pinkie. also, bareknuckle boxers used to use 3 knuckle punches because it protected thier fists from damage. jack dempsey is a common example of a great three knuckle lander, however look no further than jim driscoll for your answer. Featherweight champion of the 1900's, knocked out people with his fucking jab and landed three knuckle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 4:45am

Style: VT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Punching with the Botton Three is Superior.

You get less power and are more liable to **** Your Hands/wrists Up if you throw the other way. I was recently speaking to an oesteopath about this (OK admittedly he was a 'cranial' Osteopath) but he still seemed to agree with me.

Vertical Fist Punch hitting with the Botton three Knuckles is the best way to punch hard and NOT **** Up your anantomy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 6:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxer's fracture happen when one hits, but instead of landing with the ring knuckle as intended, the pinky knucle gets caught by itself unintentional. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer%27s_fracture

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 8:09am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980

You get less power and are more liable to **** Your Hands/wrists Up if you throw the other way. I was recently speaking to an oesteopath about this (OK admittedly he was a 'cranial' Osteopath) but he still seemed to agree with me.

Vertical Fist Punch hitting with the Botton three Knuckles is the best way to punch hard and NOT **** Up your anantomy.
    And you learned all of this when you filled all the little circles with a #2 pencil BJJ blue belt test.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 10:10am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear1980

You do wing chun.

You are unlikely to break a handbone until you learn to use your hips and legs to punch, some time far in the future after changing arts, so it doesn't matter for you, but you're actually less likely, anatomically, to break the top two, since the bottom two are less anchored, less supported, and since the pinky is particularly vulnerable. If you're hurting your wrists on a horizontal impact, it's because you're overselling the relaxation to the moment of impact - tense earlier and punch with some good form. You also have to build up horizontal stabilization just like you did for your vertical fist, which didn't happen overnight.

All you vertical fist people, you don't just abandon the vertical fist for a few punches, try the horizontal on your own, hurt yourself and say "bottom three is obviously empirically better"

There's a proper form for hitting with the top two you have teach yourself with bagwork, over time.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 10:13am

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    And you learned all of this when you filled all the little circles with a #2 pencil BJJ blue belt test.
    He STILL hasn't answered where he got his blue belt from?! Hasn't it been like 3 months or something?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope. He still refuses to answer in the vain hopes the question will go away on its own, like Comet Kohoutek :tard:

Bear, the question will not go away. It will remain, even after a nuclear blast, just like roaches and taxes.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 5:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, big font time for Bear1980:

Not even orthopedic surgeons
    who specialize in fixing
    the hands of boxers
    can agree on which way
    is less likely to cause a break.

Does someone need a hug?
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 9:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are not a lot of articles in Medicine about martial arts, compared to other sports. I doubt many surgeons are martial artists. You break your hand, that is 6 months of no work, no work, no pay. I double wrap, with 2 lb gloves on top of my each of my hands. Heck with 2 lb gloves, the opponent are not going to feel the difference between me hitting him with the first two, first one, or last three knuckles anyway.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast