Helpful...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 2:51pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffy
    What kind of fighting did you do? Muay Thai/kickboxing/MMA? Where did you do it (ie what country state etc)? What kind of rules were there? How did you register, and did it cost money? If you won did you make money? If so how much? How badly did you get hurt(if at all)?

Most importantly, how was your experience competing? Did you enjoy it? Is it something you will continue to do?

I have done WTF Full Contact TKD Comps, I have compled a small record of 5-1-0 1 ko and my only loss was by one point, which got deducted because I slipped and punched the guy in the face, thus is why I quit TKD and started Muay Thai, but I won't have my first fight in Full contact MT until August 11th. I have also competed in BJJ recently, I have compiled a record of 7-2-0 in BJJ, both losses by one ppoint margians, POLITICS suck in tournaments, try sanctioned bouts, I hope my Thai fight is'nt likemy TKD experiances, even though they were really fun, I felt I got cheated, because the guys coach was the one hosting the tourney but what can you do...

Anyway competeing is the only way you will ever know what you got...And it is fun as hell, and the biggest adrenaline rush on the planet, at least for me it is. The TKD and BJJ tourney's cost money, but I was sponsered for a my last three TKD fights, and so they got paid for, for me. Then I quit and my sponser, which was Master Hayes and Sam Chong Sa Martial Arts, it was known as Triad martial Arts when I attended though, didn't like it too much, but I still go down occasinally to help out with classes and what not. Over all COMPETING IN ANY FORM OF COMBAT IS THE SHIZZNIZZLE!!! lol, hope that answers a few of your questions...Oh and I am only 20, so I plan to train my ass off and take it all the way to the pros...
    Last edited by MastaChance; 7/27/2007 2:54pm at .

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 3:01pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although ive been told that it isn't wise to jump straight into MMA.

I know some people will first compete in no gi grappling, then kyokushin, then kick boxing then to MMA, just to get used to the pressure and competitiveness.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 3:39pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why isn't it wise to jump straight in MMA????? I know plenty of guys who are holding there own and never competed or extensively trained in any other martial art. Just because it's called Mixed Martial Arts doesn't mean you have to have background in 2 or more arts before you can be taken seriously.

Sure it helps to have prior training. But in my experience, if I know a guy is really strong in one area then I'll do what ever I can to get him out of his game and into mine. My goal isn't to be the best at everything but to be better than everybody I fight at something.

But to answer the original question. I live and train in Wyoming. Fight in Colorado, Wyoming, North & South Dakota and Montana. My background is wrestling growing up and I dabbled in boxing & kick boxing while in the military. I have been training with the intent to compete for a little over a year now. I have fought 8 times. 2 bullshit traveling cage fighting type deals that let locals sign up and fight each other. 6 smaller productions and I only have good things to say about 1 of them. So far I am 6-2-0. I have made some money but not enough to even come close to what I've sunk into this "hobby". I love competing, I love training. Ok scratch that.. I tolerate training so I can compete. I have broken 6 ribs in training alone, my nose 3 times, no cuts by the grace of God, dislocated my shoulder and broke a few toes. Minor boo boos such as sprains and strains aren't injuries. They are a fact of life in training and competition.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12