Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 1:51am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knock her out and see what happens. Or you could work on your speed. You shouldn't have to use your superior power to beat up a little girl.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2007 3:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarbong
    I have had this problem but roles reversed. I have sparred with one girl who is much smaller, but is faster and seems to go all out hitting me when we spar. This is annoying, because I can't compete with her speed, but if I try and use my power I am scared of looking like an asshole.
    Speed drills work. (jabs in mirror... FASTER!!! pause between strikes, then EXPLODE!! Pull your hand back faster...) etc etc. It's all in your mind.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never done Muay Thai, but this whole thread has been reminding me of "that guy" at BJJ, probably new, probably a wrestler, who completely spazzes out and cranks on armbars. Personally, I'd rather have the sparring partner who's concerned about hurting me than the one who isn't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2007 7:38pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think those comparing concern in grappling to that in striking need to realize they are comparing apples to oranges. Puling punches is a lot different than cranking an elbow another few degrees.

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 12:50am

Style: chinese boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you find yourself losing your temper backoff. hold your punches, not your speed. you dont want to hurt your training partner too much, unless youre training for a fight . these thing should be predetermined before sparring.
    a friend was sparring someone who was training for a fight. My friend knocked him out, and he learned he was not ready to enter the ring. So all-out fighting was a good thing in this case.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2007 7:51am

Style: karate and jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    +I'm all for being concerned with your training partner's health - after all, if you aren't then someone's gonna get hurt and have to miss training.

Missing training = bad

When my folks pair up to spar, each pair sets the level of intensity/contact between themselves. The snake eaters know who they can let it all hang out with, the folks who don't want alot of contact feel safe.

What I really don't like are people who apologize when they are learning something new. Geez, if I thought you could do it perfectly the first time out do you think I'd have bothered to explain it?

Mark

blotter art.

Posted On:
    10/18/2007 4:12pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thinking back on it, I do say "sorry" a lot, but one time I puched a tiny woman in the stomach and floored her, so I'm still all man, right?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234