221996 Bullies, 4335 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 2:34am

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Warrior
    What a lame bunch of excuses that instructors may use to exploit their students mate. "I don't want you trying other clubs cos you're crap and people might realise that what I teach is crap" and "We have the REAL zuzitzu and it's a trade secret"

and you have taught how many people? who do you have out there representing your teaching skills? Run how many schools?

Have you ever tried to teach someone something who is cross training and watched how they cann't learn what is taught because most of your work is spent canceling out what they learned elsewhere the day before?

there is a difference between a fraud con job and a concerned instructor that wants to make sure you get what they are teaching. Their Way.

and what about the students responcability to learn enough before making a judgement?

further more, the most tiring thing besides late tuition fees is the student that constantly rants on, "but I was taught that..", or "but I always thought it should be this way...". (Its right up there with students that constant switch drills mid stride just to see if you are prepared and the guy that shows up every 3 months who you have to start over with each time.)

Having them sniffing around other schools and do outside research is fine but it risks this kind of class disruption. This forum is the place for those kinds of questions. I tell all my students to theory about MA here at Bullshido, but in my class room they need to work on what I am teaching.

and I do have the realized zuzi-tzu bitch.
    Last edited by Dr._Tzun_Tzu; 9/01/2007 2:37am at .

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    and you have taught how many people? who do you have out there representing your teaching skills? Run how many schools?
    Excellent points, Dr.

The last couple of posts deserve a separate thread on teaching methods.

One of you start it, or I will! :cwm10:

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    9/02/2007 11:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Have you ever tried to teach someone something who is cross training and watched how they cann't learn what is taught because most of your work is spent canceling out what they learned elsewhere the day before?

there is a difference between a fraud con job and a concerned instructor that wants to make sure you get what they are teaching. Their Way.

and what about the students responcability to learn enough before making a judgement?

further more, the most tiring thing besides late tuition fees is the student that constantly rants on, "but I was taught that..", or "but I always thought it should be this way...". (Its right up there with students that constant switch drills mid stride just to see if you are prepared and the guy that shows up every 3 months who you have to start over with each time.)

Having them sniffing around other schools and do outside research is fine but it risks this kind of class disruption. This forum is the place for those kinds of questions. I tell all my students to theory about MA here at Bullshido, but in my class room they need to work on what I am teaching.
    So you don't want your students cross-training because they might ask you questions???? And don't you have heavy sparring or similar pressure training to teach them what works?
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 1:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bottom line on eqipment should be, why should a student be forced to pay $80 for an Adichamp dobook when the same product is available elsewhere for less than $50. Two previous Do JangsI attended had the policy regarding buying all equipment from them. My current Do Jang does not. I much prefer the current situation.

My previous school also claimed ownership over the students. Merely talking to members of another school could get you kicked out. Talk about insecurity!!!!

No other Suppliers? No other martial arts affiliations? Aren't monopolies frowned upon.

I will say that I am very happy with may current school and master and am glad to finally be free of the McDojos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 2:17pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FWIW, I am no longer at the school with the restrictive policies. I've decided to dedicate myself more fully to BJJ and Judo, and my son trains at the same school that I do (not to mention my contract ending at the other place).

The crosstraining that I did had no overlap--the more restrictive school was an FMA place, and the other school is focused on Judo/BJJ.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456