Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 10:56am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then you have nothing new to add, therefore, not worth listening too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 6:21pm

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    Then you have nothing new to add, therefore, not worth listening too.
    How would you suppose I "study the Ryu-ha"? Train in the Bujinkan, already did that. Plan to take it up again once I leave Italy.

Or maybe you mean, walk up to Hatsumi, and let him know that, although the curriculum seems nice. I would prefer if he trained me in just one particular art, and only its techniques.

I mean, by "nothing new to add", are you saying that this information and thought was already out there on the Bullshido forums? Or are you upset, because I simple presented information that I found, citing my source, rather than fly to Japan, and, since I don't read Japanese, get someone to tell me what stuff says oh wait that's exactly what has already happened, albeit without me leaving the comfort of the Italian peninsula.

Speaking of adding nothing new, what were you adding to the discussion?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 7:58pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black 6
    How would you suppose I "study the Ryu-ha"? Train in the Bujinkan, already did that. Plan to take it up again once I leave Italy.
    Aside from training within the Bujinkan, and with Instructors within that organization capable of really demonstratining the particular schools, there is teh option of studying with those not a part of the Bujinkan who hold rank within those Schools. There are non-Bujinkan lineages of Gyokko Ryu, Koto Ryu, Kukishinden Ryu, Takagi Yoshin Ryu, Togakure Ryu, Gikan Ryu, and Kumogure Ryu that can be traced indepently to Takamatsu most of whcih tend to train in the more traditional Koryu methods that Hatsumi abandoned.

Or maybe you mean, walk up to Hatsumi, and let him know that, although the curriculum seems nice. I would prefer if he trained me in just one particular art, and only its techniques.
    It is certainly an option. Sean Askew asked him how it was that he learned everything he did from Takamatsu and Hatsumi said he would show him, but it would take 15 years. While I do not think Askew took him up on the offer I doubt it was entirely an idle offer.

Given the people you claim to have been training with/under you probably have a better chance of learning the Ryuha in a proper fashion within the context of the Bujinkan than most of the people training in that organization.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2007 8:18pm

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    Aside from training within the Bujinkan, and with Instructors within that organization capable of really demonstratining the particular schools, there is teh option of studying with those not a part of the Bujinkan who hold rank within those Schools. There are non-Bujinkan lineages of Gyokko Ryu, Koto Ryu, Kukishinden Ryu, Takagi Yoshin Ryu, Togakure Ryu, Gikan Ryu, and Kumogure Ryu that can be traced indepently to Takamatsu most of whcih tend to train in the more traditional Koryu methods that Hatsumi abandoned.

It is certainly an option. Sean Askew asked him how it was that he learned everything he did from Takamatsu and Hatsumi said he would show him, but it would take 15 years. While I do not think Askew took him up on the offer I doubt it was entirely an idle offer.

Given the people you claim to have been training with/under you probably have a better chance of learning the Ryuha in a proper fashion within the context of the Bujinkan than most of the people training in that organization.
    I sort-of knew about that first part, but that is much more difficult of a task to pull off. I'm not even talking about researching the instructors. Just training, places (would probably be spread out), cost, etc. However, I may try looking into one or two is I get the chance.

Now that "ask Hatsumi" thing... didn't know about that. I was actually being a bit sarcastic when I said it. It seems rather interesting, though. I mean, 15 years is long, but if you're dedicated to it, it would seem like a great option.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123