8/08/2007 7:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tracy Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New school now opening!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus
    Ego stroking, circle-jerking bullshit.
    I have something you can stroke, but that's for another forum.

If anyone knows how to work this rank jumping thing, I'd like to start a school and maybe I can give my self a few more degrees. Then you can have a thread about my school. I'm thinking Grand Master OldSlowGuy...5th dan Hockenpo (kenpo on hockey skates). I'll teach stick fighting, grappling, checking, and the whole jersey over the head trick.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 7:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tracy Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black 6
    a punch is a punch, a kick is a kick, and the boards still don't hit back.
    Mostly true but there are some subtle differences between styles. For example the roundhouse kick (wheel kick) I learned in TKD was different in kenpo. Kenpo taught to chamber the knee in front (perpendicular to the floor) where as TKD was chambered (parallel to the floor). This resulted in me recieving lots of nut shots. Also fighting stances were different. A main difference between kenpo and TKD was a use of linear motions for efficiency in kenpo vs. the more circular motions to build power in TKD. In order to achieve good technique (something usually thought of in black belts), you have to condition out the old stuff. I'd usually digress back to TKD in the middle of a fight and then get my nuts kicked in...again.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678