Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have trained in england, france, kuwait, india, germany, Isle of Man, Denmark and hope to get to U.S next year to train in koe kan with brad hilderbrant and do some tkd with tom hudako in N.J. I don't charge to teach, so i struggle to get around these days. I do intend to get down to florida and train with Ed klingo though. Its years since i did any goju ryu karate
    some of the Associations 5th dan students D. Sheerman has got into muay thai and is loving it.
    I encourage yudansha student to broaden , embrace and therefore appreciate other arts.
    Last edited by bigstatue; 7/31/2007 10:17am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 10:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh n soory to geoff about the sport crap thing......
    I've heard his judo is v.good and mark gerrard is excellent in his jujitsuand his sword play. i've got his iaido vid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 12:46pm

Style: Judo, BJJ & Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black 6
    What originally spawned this post was some research on the Bujinkan, discussed here.

A lot of the time here on Bullshido, we come across an individual who's resume reads like a Black pelt grocery list:

6th Dan Shotokan Karate
    4rd Dan Okinowan Karate
    3rd Dan Judo
    Milk
    Eggs
    3rd Dan Japanese Jujitsu

A lot of times, this is an alarm bell for starting a bullshido investigation. Normally this is coupled with some other fact, like the person has only been in martial arts as a whole for 8 years or so.

However, what is the feeling on persons who obtain multiple belts in arts that are very similar? For example, if someone studies a particular ryu of Karate, and attains 3rd Dan, wouldn't it be easy for them to transition to another Karate, and even attain rank quickly, due to already having thorough understanding of the basics. Granted, there may be different katas to learn, and a handful of theories particular to the art, but aside from that, there shouldn't be much else. I would assume that this would hold true for combinations of Judo/Jujitsu, Akido/Akijutsu, BJJ/GJJ, etc.
    3rd Dan in Judo in eight years studying nothing else would almost certainly be BS unless the individual was supremely gifted and training Judo five times per week. I've certainly never heard of anyone progressing that fast. As for getting a Karate 6th Dan and a Jujitsu dan grade in that time also! No way!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 4:58pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    on a time based curriculum 3yrs to 1st dan + 2 yrs to second dan + three more yrs to 3rd dan adds up to 8. its boarder line, the very minimum 8yrs. as you say he'd have to be training pretty regularly. In old judo (BJC & BJA) you had to fight for your grades as I recall?
    that makes it possible too i guess.
    Again one can only speculate... proof is seeing him on the mat, in contest or teaching a class or seminar.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    7/31/2007 5:24pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstatue
    Hanshi K O'Connor combined karate kicks, punches and blocks with jujitsu locks, throws, chokes, strangles etc. they worked because he used aikido principals of movement to avoid, get inside, or accept rather than rejecting an attack. it got karate off the linear, straight line basics. that unfortunately, even some high ranking sensei still use today.
    Training in his dojo is seven days per week, but time factors still apply. If you think it a money thing.....he takes no income from his teaching of m/arts.
    I find it a bit odd that almost all of the posts you've made since joining this site have plugged Kevin O'Connor.

Let's get this straight shall we, Hanshi O'Connor, a man who invented his own martial art, a man who was convicted of Benefit fraud and sentenced to 15 months, and man who referred to himself as Doshu, (Japanese for Keeper of the way).. This is the same person correct ?

The same person YOU tried to defend here and was shown to be a liar when Mr. Gerry Gyngell refuted the things you quoted of him.

Personally I think YOU are Kevin O'Connor
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 7/31/2007 5:26pm at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 5:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    funny, we were talking technique and standards of time served here? once again you move off constructive to destructive..... this has nothing to do with the posts on this thread. Indeed mr o'connor did not crop up in THIS conversation.
    However. and sorry to bomberh, patfromlogan and who.
    Mr o'connors style was accepted by the AMA, but that wont be good enough for you mr humm
    Also Deutchen asien Kampfsport verbandes, nippon yawara ryu aiki-jujitsu renmei and many more. Hes taught in america, romania, india, kuwait. No one BAR you question his ability on the mat? and thats why i refuse to proceed with your character assasination.
    you still never answered previous questions.
    Who are YOU
    what grade are YOU
    whats your history that you undermine martial artists. NOT for their ability. BUT personal, family etc.
    What organisation do you run. Mr o'connor was honoured by the government last year as a volunteer of the year, by combat magazine for his contribution to m/arts in 2003.
    where are your testimonials. your not giving answers just following me around the bullshido forum stalkingme and embarrasing yourself.
    carry on. the more that see you for what you are the better.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 5:16am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone seen Ivor biggun alias mr hUMM ON THE MATT?
    WHATS HIS ABILITY AND STANDARDS. CHECK HIM OUT. check out his threads and comments about others, form your opinions about his m/arts.
    Mr o'connors standards on the mat are not in question. and its easy to b/s on with a guy who's down and cant respond. over 100 yudansha stood by this guy i believe and a jujitsu instructor Ahmed al houli from kuwait came from there to teach on a seminar last week.
    I went it was great... where were you.... who are you learning off these days.
    I dont like to see guys kicked when they're down. U seem good at it. u even slagged off a sensei maclean after he had a stroke and had two major ops...what a low life.
    Last edited by bigstatue; 8/01/2007 5:18am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 5:30am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahmed al houli, check out, slag him off.
    sorry u other guys will speak to you constructivly some other time. this pr***k just gets my goat.
    a nobody tryin to be a somebody i guess.lol

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 5:37am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMAO.. you really do get your knickers in a twist don't you..
    funny, we were talking technique and standards of time served here? once again you move off constructive to destructive..... this has nothing to do with the posts on this thread. Indeed mr o'connor did not crop up in THIS conversation.
    However. and sorry to bomberh, patfromlogan and who.
    Mr o'connors style was accepted by the AMA, but that wont be good enough for you mr humm
    Also Deutchen asien Kampfsport verbandes, nippon yawara ryu aiki-jujitsu renmei and many more. Hes taught in america, romania, india, kuwait. No one BAR you question his ability on the mat? and thats why i refuse to proceed with your character assasination.
    you still never answered previous questions.
    Who are YOU
    what grade are YOU
    whats your history that you undermine martial artists. NOT for their ability. BUT personal, family etc.
    What organisation do you run. Mr o'connor was honoured by the government last year as a volunteer of the year, by combat magazine for his contribution to m/arts in 2003.
    where are your testimonials. your not giving answers just following me around the bullshido forum stalkingme and embarrasing yourself.
    carry on. the more that see you for what you are the better.
    and..
    Ahmed al houli, check out, slag him off.
    sorry u other guys will speak to you constructivly some other time. this pr***k just gets my goat.
    a nobody tryin to be a somebody i guess.lol
    So that would be a YES to the statements in my previous post then.

By the way, whilst you rant on about me, perhaps you might like to consider how much of a fool you look considering I can demonstrate on these forums that within the short number of posts you've made, I've already proved that you have lied.

Nothing you can say detracts from the FACT that Kevin O'Connor is a convicted Benefit Fraud.

I note that you've stopped posting in this thread http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48456

I presume that's because the two people you mention in one of your posts have responded directly and refuted what you previously stated.

I want you to take just a few seconds of your time an look at which forum this thread is situated..

"Martial Arts BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Standards" This is where people like Kevin O'Connor et al get discussed and investigated.

Oh and its Mr. Prick to you thanks.. I see you can't engage without retorting with personal insults, looks like the truth hurts... doesn't it.

So lets recap.

Kevin O'Connor is a convicted Benefit Fraud - FACT
    Les McClean Still lied about being an Aikikai 7th dan - Fact
    Another "O'Connor Supporter" has nothing of interest to say - Fact

See this thread http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...97#post1519697
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 8/01/2007 6:10am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2007 6:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You lied once to ross noble. the web master for the bkja.. recall
    you claimed to send a message to the old hq stating to be from japan? when he tracked back it was to your computer. I dont trust you sir,
    it does not detract from the fact you prey on others.
    Here you are breaking rules of the site. this discussion has NO bearing on this thread.
    My knickers arn't in a twist sir, indeed i'm calm. what proof is there that harry ellis contacted you? as i say you've made stuff up before.
    Oh and you are certainly not a prick sir. they are useful to some.
    I know what forum we're on now... I was discussing relavent issues till u stalked me here and began ur insane negativity again.
    Last edited by bigstatue; 8/01/2007 6:36am at .
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast