Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 3:12am

Style: Wrestling/BJJ/Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Questions about mass building

Here we go i want to start a three mounth mass building routine. I am currently 15 130 pounds and have been going to the gym for one year. I want to put on about 10-15 pounds over the next three mounths but mostly muscle but some fat is allright for now. I am currently skinny but strong. My diet will look something like this

Breakfast Otmeal(non instent) or a bowl
    of a high fiber healthy cereal with yogot or fruit

Snacks include nuts almonds yogert fruit and peanut buter sandwitches

Dinner i have fish or lots of meats

I also have protein powder that i will be taking

I have a few question about mass building it says only lift major mucsle groups once a week. Will i notice the amounts i am able to lift go down stay the same or increase. Also ANNY advice concernces or opinions from anyone who has ever done something like this or knows anything about mass bulilding would be GREATLY Apreciated

If anyone is interested i will be doing the second routine on the page not the first its a little less then three quaters down the page

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw37.htm

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 8:04am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are probably going to want to eat more than you have listed.

A lot more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 8:11am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't eat lunch?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by A.D.D
    You are probably going to want to eat more than you have listed.

A lot more.
    ^^^^^^^ Absolutely true. Besides, what's your height? If you are 5'10", yeah, you are underweight, but if you are 5'3" then you are fine.

nayr01, the diet you mentioned is more appropriate for a CQ model trying to lose weight than for an adolescent male trying gain lean mass. You have to be very dedicated to eat a lot and often.

You need to read this first, learn it and memorize it. Study it!!!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53351

Then, you need to STUDY the page below:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...te#post1423519

See in the chart where you are according to your height, calculate how much calories you need to eat and start munching.

Only after you've done that you should consider about a lifting program. We'll help you with that and any other questions, but first read the links I provided.

My only word of caution to you is that since you are 15, it's impossible to know if you can put the amount of weight you want at this time. Some kids can easily do it; others struggle and only see gains once they hit their 20s. So just keep that in mind.

Also, ditch that **** routine from bodybuilding.com.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nayr01, also check this (after you've read the links I gave you):

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...1&postcount=49
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: Fish Oil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Also, ditch that **** routine from bodybuilding.com.
    But... It has wrist curls.
    :sad7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 4:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why ditch the routine it seemed like a good fullbody work out that works major muscle groups hard once a week?

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 4:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nayr01
    why ditch the routine it seemed like a good fullbody work out that works major muscle groups hard once a week?
    Because you are not an adult intermediate/advanced weight-lifter/bodybuilder with a good grasp in dieting and supplementation who's looking to put on weight and muscle definition for a fitness contest. That routine may be good for that type of person. It is not the right one for someone that's underweight and who's just beginning to learn the ropes of lifting.

It is not a jab or insult at you. I'm just merely stating fact hoping that you don't waste your time and effort.

Your entire training from your day 1 for the next year or two should be limited to barbell squats, deadlifts, barbell rows, chin ups, standing barbell overhead presses, lunges and push ups. Until you have developed a certain base, anything else is mostly a waste of time and effort.

Did you read the links I provided you?
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 7/25/2007 5:15pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 7:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im taking all of you advice and i read all the links i am 5'10 so basicly eat 2500 calories a day ( thats gonna be hard any sugestions) lots of protien 100- 130 grams a day and healthy fats. Lots of water and when i go to the gym should i life certein muscle groups with the excercices you listed or just do the whole body every time i go and go about 3 times a week? I basicly want to put on some good mass then getinto mma and strength training

p.s greatly apreciate the help

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 7:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im taking all of you advice and i read all the links i am 5'10 so basicly eat 2500 calories a day ( thats gonna be hard any sugestions)
    Hmmmm, eating constantly is the way to go. Plenty of meat (chicken, fish), good dairy products like yogurt and feta cheese, whole wheat products, greens (brocolli), etc. I know I mentioned in those links a way to calculate how many calories you'll need, but quite honestly, I did it just for you to think about these things. Eat regularly, 5-7 times minimum, never skip breakfast. Drink skim-fat milk, lots of it (some folks drink a gallon a day, though I'm not sure if that's a good idea for everybody).

In any case, the diet plan you mentioned in your first post is waaaay too little. Eating more will help you a lot.

lots of protien 100- 130 grams a day and healthy fats.
    Are you planning to, or are you doing that today? If the later, how do get 100-130 grams of protein a day?

Lots of water and when i go to the gym should i life certein muscle groups with the excercices you listed or just do the whole body every time i go and go about 3 times a week?
    The easiest, simplest thing is to do a full-body workout (bench presses, chin ups and squats) 3 times a week like this:

• day 1: bench press, chin up, squats
    • day 2: off
    • day 3: bench press, chin up, squats
    • day 4: off
    • day 5: bench press, chin up, squats
    • day 6: off (or go jogging, biking or rope skipping
    • day 7: off

... or a 4-day split like this:

• day 1: bench presses, chin ups
    • day 2: squats and lunges
    • day 3: off
    • day 4: bench presses, chin ups
    • day 5: squats and lunges
    • day 6: off (or go jogging, biking or rope skipping)
    • day 7: off

And if you are busy with school and stuff, you can simplify even further by doing bench presses and chin ups once a week and squats and lunges on another day of the week - that is, you lift only twice a week. Of course, it may not sound as good as lifting more often, but more is not always better (plus you may have school stuff to take care off.)

There are many ways to create a simple lifting program. No need to bother with a kazillion variations of stuff. Keep it simple, use compound movements and lift hard (and safe and smart.)

I basicly want to put on some good mass then getinto mma and strength training

p.s greatly apreciate the help
    You are seriously confused. You get mass by doing strenght training. The plans just listed (and the bodybuilding.com article to an extend) do that. Also, how much mass you'll get will depend on your diet and on your genetics. You are 15 years old, so it's way too early to tell if you can all the mass you dream getting. Maybe you can. Maybe you will 5 years from now. Maybe you can't.

Contentrate on eating well and train hard and smart, and you'll be the best you can be (sounds cliche, but it's the truth.)

Also, I assume you are in HS (or just about). There should be a weight lifting team in your school. You should look into that. Moreover, you want to do mma. Your school may have a wrestling program. If they do, you should join. There is no better way to get a good set of skills for mma than that (plus it will make you strong and agile.)

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast