Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 293031 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 9:32am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, cubs, you might really want to start looking for a new school. choi and periera and their devoted little minions are quite charismatic (in a scary, cult-like way) and your daughter's instructor is probably 1/2 way there to converting his school. choi doen't pay them for this - but they will give him some bullshit higher rank (one old tkd master - a 5th or 6th degree suddenly became a grandmaster 8th degree - and the tkd community says he was a very poor tkd instructor but the ITF had promoted him anyway) and then, usually, the truth of selling your soul to the devil, starts to become clear and then they leave and change back to whatever they did before. But, you know, if your child's instructor flies off the handle when you try to discuss it with him, you probably want to leave, anyway. Our school had to go through the conversion of leaving choi and changing over to another martial art and a few students wanted to stay with ckd. No arguments.

Posted On:
    3/08/2010 11:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mauy thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank You for answering me.My other question is if they dont give any money whats in it for the choi organization then

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2010 9:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cubs View Post
    Thank You for answering me.My other question is if they dont give any money whats in it for the choi organization then
    well, numbers = $ in ckd. all school owners have to pay ckdmai for "international membership" for each of their students every year as well as pay (most of the time) 50% or more of the testing fees they charge their students every month. The have this sort of pyramid thing going on with the rebate system (that seems to give back some $ to some but not others) so they make it appear lucritive to a school owner. But, in truth even a small school pays hundreds of $ to ckdmai every month and larger schools pay thousands. Since it's a belt mill system, testing fees are a serious revenue stream for both school owners and ckdmai. But in the end, the school owner pays more and, I have been told by current school owners that they recently raised the %age of the split on black belt testing so the school owner/chief instructor makes only about 30 or 40% of this very large fee and choi demands the rest of it. Also, consider the rest of the continued financial screwing of blackbelts - there are 8 tests to get to the 2nd degree test, then 6 more from 2nd to 3rd and more from 3rd to 4th as well as the years of tuition/semnar fees, book buying, uniform buying (and all ci's have to get uniforms through ckdmai, school opening, "certified instructor" fees etc. - it exhausts me to think of it all! They (ckdmai) have a database system that is (supposedly) designed to help one run one's school (names, addresses, phone numbers, email address etc.) but in truth it is to keep track of a ci's student data so, if they leave, quit etc. they immediatly can mass email or mail disparaging letters about the instructor etc. They make every effort to keep that student as their own. choi and periera are so self-absorbed that they don't realize that the average martial arts student or parent couldn't care less about the style; they train/stay because of how their instructors validate them or the positive character traits that instructor embodies or teaches the children. choi thinks they stay because of the the style, ckd. By the time a student reaches purple or red or brown belt, they are either thoroughly indoctrinated in the ckd hype (mostly because they "need" that cult-like organisation) or they realize they have learned a pile of crap and paid a lot of money to do it and they just quit. ckd, more than any tkd school, has SO many drop outs at red and brown belt that it is astonishing. THEY say that the student drops out because they are "afraid" of the black belt test. Horseshit. The ones who quit have just figured out the truth. So, now you know. (maybe more than you wanted to know)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 4:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scientology meets the martial arts.

Registered Member

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 2:57am

Style: Judo, ITF, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHerrera View Post
    Scientology meets the martial arts.
    Cue Tom Cruise (hell, he has been in enough action movies, about time he got involved in some form of Martial Arts :P )

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 9:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meat monkey View Post
    Cue Tom Cruise (hell, he has been in enough action movies, about time he got involved in some form of Martial Arts :P )
    That's exactly who came to mind. With Choi Kwang Do you can zap people with lightning bolts from your eyes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 9:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHerrera View Post
    That's exactly who came to mind. With Choi Kwang Do you can zap people with lightning bolts from your eyes.
    LMAO! They had better hope for lightning bolts because they will never zap anyone with the highly touted twisting kick and, by the time a swing kick gets to the target it's probably not there any more. I think it was John Travolta dancing out there in the headquarter's dojang. Oh, yes, it was! He was dancing with Tom Cruise!:karated: They are doing the 5th degree pattern with p

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/15/2010 4:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see that Rick Bell has now jumped aboard the Choi Kwang Do bandwagon. (sinking ship)

On their website it shows him going through their conversion class where they are converted from their present style to CKD and awarded rank. This is one reason why CKD belts aren't worth as much as they could be.
    Bell always struck me as a kind of a fast talking salesman.

I remember seeing one presentation by him where the objective was to teach instructors how get people to pay in full with a credit card over the phone without having to give them and intro lesson or a tour of the school.

Here is a quote from another thread where he praises the almighty Steven Oliver:
    "Stephen Oliver is without a doubt one of the most educated martial arts businessmen in America, but that's not the reason I endorse his seminar. What makes Stephen Oliver's marketing seminar the best I've seen is his ability to identify and simplify the critical success factors involved in running a martial arts school, and to teach average school owners who don't have an MBA, or even a college degree, how to do exactly what he and other millionaire school owners have done to become rich. Stephen Oliver knows how
    to make a lot of money teaching martial arts, and school owners can make a fortune doing what he says."

Rick Bell
    Author, Speaker, and
    President of EasyPay Automated Billing
    One of the largest martial arts billing companies in America

He should fit in with them very well.

I wonder how long it will take before CKD instructors are required to go through the Easy Pay billing company to collect the students tuition.
    AND.... how much of a cut will go to CKD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 7:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheperd View Post
    I see that Rick Bell has now jumped aboard the Choi Kwang Do bandwagon. (sinking ship)

On their website it shows him going through their conversion class where they are converted from their present style to CKD and awarded rank. This is one reason why CKD belts aren't worth as much as they could be.
    Bell always struck me as a kind of a fast talking salesman.

I remember seeing one presentation by him where the objective was to teach instructors how get people to pay in full with a credit card over the phone without having to give them and intro lesson or a tour of the school.

Here is a quote from another thread where he praises the almighty Steven Oliver:
    "Stephen Oliver is without a doubt one of the most educated martial arts businessmen in America, but that's not the reason I endorse his seminar. What makes Stephen Oliver's marketing seminar the best I've seen is his ability to identify and simplify the critical success factors involved in running a martial arts school, and to teach average school owners who don't have an MBA, or even a college degree, how to do exactly what he and other millionaire school owners have done to become rich. Stephen Oliver knows how
    to make a lot of money teaching martial arts, and school owners can make a fortune doing what he says."

Rick Bell
    Author, Speaker, and
    President of EasyPay Automated Billing
    One of the largest martial arts billing companies in America

He should fit in with them very well.

I wonder how long it will take before CKD instructors are required to go through the Easy Pay billing company to collect the students tuition.
    AND.... how much of a cut will go to CKD.

I was looking at the ads in Black Belt Mag. and came across a small box ad that reads:

American Modern Jujitsu
    Home Study Course
    Become a certified Jijitsu (sic)-Karate-Pressure Points Black Belt in one year for less for $100.00
    Compete in our online Tournaments
    (contact info. - no, you just have to find the ad yourself so you can get in on this deal!)

Sounds like a ckd deal, doesn't it? I can see the future ads now:

CKD
    Home Study Course
    Become a ckd Black Belt in one year for only $10,000.oo
    Participate in our online testing program
    No contact. No tournaments. Become a certified school owner for only $10,000 more. Billed in advance with our billing company!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2010 11:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder how many of these newly converted instructors will still be with the ckd organization a year from now. I kind of feel sorry for them knowing the truth...

On another note, funny how you can take someone in tkd and give them a conversion class and suddenly they are now a master of ckd. According to Kwang Choi, tae kwon do is terrible for your body, yet ckd is so revolutionary it is amazing the conversion can take place in a few days.

Anyway, I enjoyed watching to goofy youtube video on the ckd site with the techno street fighter music... many overweight black belts at the seminar.
    Last edited by Dempsey1; 3/16/2010 12:13pm at . Reason: spelling