By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 9:07pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    She is hot. Is her bra see thru also...
    Clearly we have a different definition of hot sempai!

Depsite my occasional grumpy outbursts I still try and see the best in all martial arts. I will never knock a Tae Bo stylist for saying "it gets me fit"; I will never knock an XMA stylist for saying "I love the flash and dazzle". I will never knock a Iaido stylist for saying "It gives me mental focus and discipline".

What I WILL do is knock the people who package a style as being combative when itis anything but. CKD isperhaps the single WORST offender in thsi category. It is sub-standard kickboxing performed by people with no concept of combat, reality or what well happen when they try and use this **** against someone that has a pulse.

Simply type in Choi Kwang Do into YouTube and see how many of these deluded fools are out there. There is no excuse for presenting this as an effectve style. Show me proof against another human being other than piss-poor anecdotal evidence and I will take a second look.

As it stands it is a wart on the arse of satan

Out of interest are there any CKD'ers on here?

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 9:58pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 10:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes that was particularly painful to watch - the worse was that scrawny 16 yr old kicking the pads and having a load of pillocks congratulate him on his crappy performance.

Hang on a sec......here it is

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_8X07D9WFM

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 11:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why was he clapping himself? It must be a CKD thing.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 11:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They don't get close enough to get the clap from anyone else.

Has anyone has any positive experience with CKD that can be verified beyond "it works!!"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 12:12am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel extremely ill watching those idiots on youtube :sad7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 9:27am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But she's pretty good at hunching down so she only looks a bit physically challenged rather than a FOOT taller than "Mr. A" (as he is referred to in his "self-defence" column)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 9:38am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That small black belt is the golden-child-first-and-only-grandson of the self-appointed grandmaster (kwang jo choi) knocking over his 5th degree master daddy. Cute kid in his little custom made dobok, huh? Not to worry, his daddy and mommy probably got a good discount on buying his black belt (and I don't just mean the piece of fabric around his waist!) There was a time when people actually had to work hard to achieve black belt. Now all it takes it $$. This video is a direct challenge to marshall p's arch-nemesis Roger Koo (Koo Self Def. & former right hand man of kwang jo who still has his 20+ page resignation letter on his website ksdi.net) who claims to have the world's youngest black belt. Sorry, Roger. I don't think you won even when you first posted your "youngest" . Remember Marie Lopez? I think she promoted her wretched little daughter to 2nd degree black belt by the time she was about 7 1/2!!! But, I guess that the "grandson" beat out even the Lopez child.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 9:44am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    yes that was particularly painful to watch - the worse was that scrawny 16 yr old kicking the pads and having a load of pillocks congratulate him on his crappy performance.

Hang on a sec......here it is
    Full Contact Clapping... An Alternative!
    by Ralph Allison
    Combat Magazine Page 37
    Date: April 2007

Chief Instructor Ralph AllisonA lot of people shy away from joining a croquet club or attending a organised outdoor festival – because of one reason: They don’t want to lose their day-job.

Full contact clapping gives you bruises, broken fingers etc. that your boss and your customers (or clients if you’re self employed) won’t appreciate. People you come in contact with on a daily basis will immediately ask themselves why you keep running around with such injuries. It doesn’t “look professional” when, for example, a bank clerk sits opposite you with a battered left hand. Right?

Doing semi contact clapping doesn’t solve the problem either, since semi contact often turns into full contact due to lack of control or too much ego!

Some people turn to “White Collar” clapping. Here is another alternative if you like to incorporate kicking techniques as well. Grandmaster Choi of Choi Kwang Do Martial Arts (CKD) came up with an alternative, which should satisfy those who would like to learn the art of clapping but also want to look “respectable” for their day-job the following morning.

In CKD we do not wear full boxing gloves; the ones we use are lighter and less thick (called “bag gloves”). The Clapping– or as we call it: Clapping Drills – are performed by bringing the right hand close to the .left hand. Non-contact but wearing the bag gloves just in case there is a slip; the other guy is covering his ears.

It’s getting more serious at Gold Belt level – moving around as in a rock concert with your gloves on and bringing our hands real close to the body and each other, whilst your partner is watching what you are doing with his hands close to his ears.

This kind of clapping(defence drill) teaches you focussing, angling off, targeting and “making a good impression”. All good stuff if you want to learn how to protect show your appreciation at a social event. One of my students (a shop owner) had to use our art (CKD) in a real life situation when he had to confront 3 street musicians outside his shop and I myself had to use it on various occasions – in other words : this kind of training works !

For a full-contact “enthusiast” this may not seem a “ perfect solution “. But isn’t that better than sitting at home not doing anything or doing full contact clapping and risking losing your job over it ?

I have a lot of high ranking martial artists (brown and black belts) who joined my club from other social skills classes because they got tired of the injuries and taking time off work or not being able to continue with their training.

It doesn’t matter how good you are in the festival– you will always get injured.
    In CKD we teach many “close range “ appreciation drills, which are also very useful if you get into a “spot of bother “ ( I’m demonstrating a friendly wave greeting technique with a student in the photo shown ).

This article is not here to convince people not to do full contact clapping. It just gives you an alternative you may consider trying.

And an extremely good alternative I think it is !

If you wish to know more about the author Ralph Allison of CKD Martial Arts go to www.blackbeltschoolsuk.com[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by ONE TWO THREE FOUR FIVE; 8/08/2007 9:52am at .

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    8/08/2007 6:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Classic!
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast