Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2005 8:11pm

Style: Muay Thai, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

David Falcaro

At my area, there is some school by the name of GodaiShin Dojo. The instructor's name is David Falcaro. Just recently, I saw him at a siminar. He was doing a few demos of hambo sticks. It looked decent, so I figure, why not find out more about this guy and his school. I found his webpage "http://www.bumon.com/school.htm", and read his bio. He seems to know his stuff, and a bit of history, but somethings seemed a bit fishy to me. Nonetheless, he seemed ok. I talked with some people who knows him, who said they are his students. They told me his age and rank. He is highly ranked for his age. I don't remember very well, so please forgive me, but I think they said, he's like a 6th or 7th degree. Yet, he's like 28 years old. I also found out from his students, that he's a very skilled fighter. But, when trying to look up any records of his fights or any fight for that matter, I found nothing. Now, I do know that there are people that can fight well and not have a record, so for now, I'll give him the bennefit of the doubt, I myself ain't nobody. So, a friend of mine, and myself will be sending him an email, to see if we can hold a friendly sparring session. Repectively of course. I will be asking him, for further information about his dojo and style, and see if we can spar with either him, or one of his better students. Although, I prefer to spar him, because of his supposed accomplishments, although I forgot to mention that an ex-student of his said that Dave never even had a sparring match, nor he has ever fought. But, I'll take a look at this. If anyone has further info about this guy and his teacher which goes by the name of Edward J. Smith, I would really like to know more about it. If not, hopefully I can find out. Either way, I'll make sure to post how this goes. I will even post the email I'll sent him and hopefully his reply. I hope he's the real deal, becaue my city sucks when it comes to martial arts and dojos. If he's the real deal, I'll become his student in a heart beat! I will update this as soon as I get a reply from Mr. Falcaro.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/27/2005 8:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm no expert martial artist, merely an absurdist, so I will point such things out if I can.

"A new shinken (live bladed sword) One will be able to choose between any one sword that retails at our Dojo between $50 and $120" - This is the price of a very low quality blade that is likely safe only for display and sports a half or rat-tail tang that would prove dangerous in practice, not sure if he uses these for practice though.

"I was told to squat as low as possible in a deep “Horse Stance” with my arms in a cross-block above my head. I was to hold that position. I remember feeling my thighs burning as I attempted to remain steady. I asked my instructor after class what the purpose of the exercise was? He told me that if I lasted another week he would grant the answer. A week later (with larger thighs) I walked up to my instructor to get my long awaited answer. He quickly began with the response: “You see now that you are stable with your overhead X-block and Horse stance; when someone attacks you by swinging a bat at you head, you can absorb the impact”… Being a child one of the biggest things I gained from my early experience in the martial arts is that I was not interested in modern Martial Arts." - This seems patently unwise to me (my bold emphasis)

Hahaha

White ninja man doesn't mention the names of his ninja teacher(s) (that I saw)

I don't know if this guy is bullshido or not, but I personally think he's a probably a frail nerd and wouldn't train with him.

PS: Please use paragraphs in the future

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/27/2005 8:47pm

Style: butt kickery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In 1990 I started training in authentic Ninjutsu and have done sodiligently ever since.
    Bullshit meter rising. I wonder if he knows Ashida Kim? :D

Quote Originally Posted by our art section
    This is done through empowering them with the teachings, philosophies, and ideals that were once passed on to us and now empower our lives
    More new age bullshit. An arts ability to empower its practitioners is measured by its practitioners' ability to whoop ass.

Because of it’s lessons of efficiency, one will move more easily through life. This will include many common things: walking, running, getting out of someone’s way, picking something up, standing, getting up from the ground, or sitting down.
    Classic. A martial art that teaches you how to sit down as ancient Japanese masters did a thousand years ago. Once the divinities here bless me with a sig, this is going in it.

The art that we live has a lineage of about two thousand years. It has been battlefield tested for over a thousand years.
    Within in the methodic science of detecting bullshit, this fallacy is known as "t3h d3adly." Apparently, these guys have been systematically swirlied and **** on since the birth of Christ.

He's bullshit. Stay far far away, unless you're fond of every attacker you meet pissing in your hair as a victory salute.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If you guys think you've seen it all. Wait.

Oh may God!Oh my God! Oh my God! You guys have to go to there media section and click on TAKEDA DAN clip and might I recommend that you all sit down because it the stupidest most retarded thing you could ever see.Yu'll piss in your pants with laughter.So, better wear a Depends diaper.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 12:47am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. All of those clips are horrible. Hope the thread starter knows this guy is to deadly to spar.

I'm no expert in joint locks but I have had training. When we did wrist locks normaly the hand you started the technique with finishes the lock. He does a large amont of hand switching in some of those clips.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 1:24am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    I'm no expert in joint locks but I have had training. When we did wrist locks normaly the hand you started the technique with finishes the lock. He does a large amont of hand switching in some of those clips.
    I haven't seen the clips, but generally the more complicated the technique is (you say lots of hand switching), the shittier it is. You ever going to remember to switch your hands so many times in a real fight?

PL

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 1:27am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeargh. Somebody watches his seagal flicks.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 1:45am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He can't accurately count kyu levels. It's "rokkyu" not "rokukyu"

He misspells "jutsu" on one of his symbols, but correctly spells it on the other ones.

No one uses the term "shinobijutsu." Or at least, no one teaches it. The kanji for it would read "the art of sneaking inside." Sogobujutsu sounds like the "spear-five-warrior art." Not sure what that means.

Most of his techniques are techniques familiar to me... from the Bujinkan. Kote gaeshi. Oni kudaki. And a few of them are aikido techniques that I also know, like shiho nage. Most of them are pretty pitiful technique wise, and waaaay too slow to be effective. Oni kudaki is patently wrong. Tori should finish up behind uke and kick uke's knees out... it is NOT a throw. Seio otoshi is going to get him kicked or punched in the kidneys if he tries it like that.

My guess -- this guy spent 2-3 years training in the Bujinkan or Genbukan when he was younger, got kicked out or left and started his own "secret lineage" of "ninjutsu." The web is rife with these fakes.

Original poster -- I'd go to a Bujinkan or Genbukan dojo for the real thing. Aiki-jujutsu or koryu jujutsu will also provide you a similar training with a minimum of BS.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 1:49am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More problems -- kama are kobudo weapons, not ninki.

He can't spell wakizashi.

Jobo is not a word. It's just "jo."

And uchideshi -- I'm not really aware of anyone who does this nowadays. It's kinda creepy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2005 8:26am

Style: Muay Thai, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply guys. I had a feeling something about his bio was fishy. Nontheless, I hope to hear from him soon.
    Last edited by liger1; 4/28/2005 8:28am at .
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast