Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 9:33am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

GymBoss Interval Timer - Tehe I Got One!!!

Hehehehe, mommy, look what I just got on my mailbox!!!

http://www.gymboss.com/

I just bought one for $19.95 (plus S/H). It's freaking cool. I had an Everlast personal timer, which was nice, but it only gives 2 or 3-minute rounds with 30 or 60-second breaks. This little puppy can be configured for single or multiple rounds of any lenght up to 10 minutes, with breaks in between (also configurable of any lenght).

This is far more convenient for tabata sets than trying to watch a clock, listen to pre-recorded wavs on an ipod or having someone timing you. I guess this is almost like a spam post, but man, I love this thing. It's pretty small, uses a AAA battery, the alarm volume is configurable, and I already got mine configured for continous tabata sets of 20-secs with 10-sec breaks.

Neato.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 9:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks,
    just ordered one

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 9:51am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool... my everlast personal timer clip broke...

what is this one made out of?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 10:29am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also had the everlast.

I'm ordering one! Thanks man! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 10:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woohooo! They even take paypal. :)
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 1:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know!!! That's what made so cool, I didn't even to reach for my wallet to get my credit card. I wish most e-commerce companies accepted paypall.

I like my everlast, don't get me wrong - I use it for skipping, but I feel kinda dork at the gym when it goes "DING DING!!!!!" The gymboss alarm is much more discrete (you can even set it to vibrator mode.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 1:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's awesome, I've been using one for the past 3 months.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 1:10pm

Style: BJJ/no-gi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got one, great piece of kit.

Except that i'm currently doing an endurance phase with my weights and 30 seconds rest feels more like 5 so i want to throw it at the wall!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 1:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by spirez
    I've got one, great piece of kit.

Except that i'm currently doing an endurance phase with my weights and 30 seconds rest feels more like 5 so i want to throw it at the wall!
    I feel you man. At ATT, we have these big Industrial timers, with loud ass sirens.

Doing 30 second rests between rounds is torture.

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 1:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    cool... my everlast personal timer clip broke...

what is this one made out of?
    I'm sure it's made out of electronics. LOL.

Serious answer. It's plastic, and it's not something rugged that'll take abuse. If you let a a 5lbs weight plate accidentally fall on it, it's going to break. But seems sturdy enough, and it's small and convenient. You can get an idea of its size if you compare it my an everlast timer:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast