Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 2:36am

Style: WW2 H2H Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Silat on Anthony Bourdain

Tonight I watched Anthony Bourdain in indonesia & in it was a Silat "Master" throwing chi balls at his students making them stop dead in their tracks. That part was pure Bullshido but I was impressed with the breaking iron bars demo they did. They were like a half inch thick each & 3 of them were stacked directly up ontop of each other. True that it's not a useful fighting skill but it was impressive all the same.

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 8:34am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doktorhook
    Tonight I watched Anthony Bourdain in indonesia & in it was a Silat "Master" throwing chi balls at his students making them stop dead in their tracks. That part was pure Bullshido but I was impressed with the breaking iron bars demo they did. They were like a half inch thick each & 3 of them were stacked directly up ontop of each other. True that it's not a useful fighting skill but it was impressive all the same.
    Why didn't the "Master" use his chi balls to break the iron bars. They probably had the bars frozen ahead of time so they would be really brittle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 10:07am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    Why didn't the "Master" use his chi balls to break the iron bars. They probably had the bars frozen ahead of time so they would be really brittle.

cmon you should know by know that the media never lets the facts get in the way of a good story

cheers adam

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 1:33pm

Style: Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can bake concrete cynderblocks & bricks in a regular oven to reduce the water content, making them brittle and easy to break.

You can do the same thing (on low heat) to a pine board, to make it easy to break.

For that reason, I am not impressed by any breaking demos, they are USUALLY complete B.S.