Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 9:29am

Style: systema/RMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz
    3moose1 If you are doing a walk-in walk-out it's most likely arthroscopic and they are just cleaning the torn meniscus out of your joint. Supposedly you can go back to training immediately but you have to give yourself some time not going 100% on it so you can build the new muscle to pick up the stabilizing work. Given the proper time I think you'll forget you hurt your knee after a while. Just gotta get there without tearing it worse before you get some more muscle.

I had arthroscopic repair of a meniscus about 18 months ago. Kaoz is right on above. You can train immediately. You may suffer set backs of swelling and soreness if you over do it but you will not further damage the knee.

My advice, take a couple of days off after surgery and then get back out there and do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

btw - my repaired knee is like greased lightning now. It felt better immediately after surgery but it took several months to get to where I could take it for granted, now feels better and has better range of motion than I ever remember. Unfortunately it feels so good that my other knee bothers me by contrast.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/03/2008 2:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricH
    I had arthroscopic repair of a meniscus about 18 months ago. Kaoz is right on above. You can train immediately. You may suffer set backs of swelling and soreness if you over do it but you will not further damage the knee.

My advice, take a couple of days off after surgery and then get back out there and do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

btw - my repaired knee is like greased lightning now. It felt better immediately after surgery but it took several months to get to where I could take it for granted, now feels better and has better range of motion than I ever remember. Unfortunately it feels so good that my other knee bothers me by contrast.
    Thats a relief. I'd probably take a day off of training, maybe two, but i really can't afford to miss any.

Its the arthroscopic thing, so you guys are saying i shouldn't be too worried?

I really want to start doing some running/jogging, to help my cardio and stuff, but my knee has always set me back...

Maybe now i can start doing more!

thanks guys

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12