• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 7:37pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats a great video, ive been having trouble wrapping my hands. How would you wrap the thumb though. thats the part i dont get. it keeps slipping off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 10:37pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    thats a great video, ive been having trouble wrapping my hands. How would you wrap the thumb though. thats the part i dont get. it keeps slipping off.
    If I have time, I'll try to make and post my own video showing how to wrap the thumb. It'll be a least a couple weeks, though. I never have much time during the week, and my sister is getting married this weekend.

It's not hard, I'm just not sure how to describe it on a message board in a way that makes sense. I've taught many people how to do it in real life.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    7/25/2007 12:19am

TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched some other vids on youtube and I think I got it. I think my mistake was I only wrapped it once, so it wasnt completely covered, and I didn't make the thumb tight enough, so it was sliding off. I practiced wrapping my hands for about 30 minutes and I got the Thai way shown on here down, I also think I got the thumb wrap and boxer way of doing it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 11:46am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I started Muay Thai, I wrapped my hands like that youtube video, however I would constantly bruise the middle finger knuckle on my left hand. I'd have a few days of rest to heal, ice it down, back on the heavy bag and it'd bruise again. I switched to a more traditional style with far less padding but much more support than the Thai Style. I say when it comes to wrapping your hands, you can do it any which way. I still hate wrapping my thumb though, the most uncomfortable feeling ever. :angry2:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 5:17pm

Style: Taijutsu, Army Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally, between the fingers means less sliding of the wraps.

Here's a good site with pics and step-by-step instructions.

Edit: it might help if I post the link - http://www.boxinggyms.com/tips/handwraps.htm
    Last edited by Black 6; 7/26/2007 5:24pm at .

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 8:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone know how to wrap with gauze and tape for a sanctioned fight? I need info on this by tomorrow for my bro. Any help is appreciated.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 9:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LX8VD69
    hello i wonder if some one can give me a logical answer to my question, ive been boxing for about a month and no body can explain to me why some boxers/kickboxers,etc will wrap their hand wraps between their fingers as well as their wrist and palm. any one got any ideas/ reason for and against?

cheers adam
    I wrap between my fingers because it gives a more secure fit to the wraps, though it's less a less comfortable method. Everyone has their own method of wrapping and reasons for doing it their way.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    7/26/2007 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Anyone know how to wrap with gauze and tape for a sanctioned fight? I need info on this by tomorrow for my bro. Any help is appreciated.
    I've done my own gauze before and it seemed to work out fine to just wrap the gauze like you would cloth wraps and do tape around to secure and tape between the knuckles. You just have to make sure to keep the tape that goes around the palm one finger width behind the knuckles.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 1:13am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I read that using too much gauze or tape can actually disqualify you.

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    7/27/2007 3:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Kid. One more wuick question. Do I need to have tape covering all of the gauze or no? Im gonna wrap an open palm with gauze and then wrap the wrist in tape, the knuckels and then criss cross over the back of the hand.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast