Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:39am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a lame decision. I had Matt winning the first round with ease, and keeping up with bisping in the 2nd and third, to me it seemed like Bisping did just enough to survive, but even into the third one Hamill still had him backing up every now and then, and for Hamill, who had gassed out in the third, to still keep up with Bisping's "rallies" was more than enough for him to win this imo. If they wanted to look atleast half credible they would've crapped out a draw, but no way in hell was this a win for Bisping.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:55am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not sure what fight you were watching but Hamill was the one who was 'just surviving' in the last two rounds. Also, Bisping strikes when he moves back. Its very weird almost a TKD thing but it works for him. The only thing he didn't do in this fight that he's done before is switch gears and come back at his opponent with the knees and kicks.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:59am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is what Hamill gets for not turning it into a wrestling match. When you call someone out and make the kind of claims that Hamill made, your number one priority should be using your strengths to the utmost advantage to make sure that you dominate the match as best you can. Hamill seemed to want to stand and bang, but even when Bisping brings his "C" game (we've seen him perform much better,) Hamill apparently still can't outstrike him.

Additionally, am I the only one who saw Hamill redefine the Lunge Punch (one arm almost straight out, jumping after Bisping, 3rd round, 30 seconds in)? I'm about to re-watch the fight to make sure my mind isn't playing tricks on me, but that match was pretty crappy overall. It looked like they were both half-assing it, too afraid to really open up in fear of getting caught and ending up in the other guy's highlight reel.

Judging criticism is due on both sides. The judge that scored it 30-27 for Hamill obviously fell asleep that last round. Bisping didn't dominate, didn't live up to his own hype for this match, but the decision nod to him isn't as outlandish as people are making it out to be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:18am

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If punching someone in the forearm counts as landing more shots, then yes, Bisping deserves the nod.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:21am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T3hJudoChop
    If punching someone in the forearm counts as landing more shots, then yes, Bisping deserves the nod.
    I disagree, Bisping was hitting Hamill's head more than his forearms. I agree there was little power on them (or Hamill has a solid chin) but if there was a compuBox on this fight I would be sure Bisping landed way more than Hamill.

TKD

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I double disagree, TKD. He was hitting Hamils forearms more than his head.

Truthfully, I had it 30-27 Hammil, with a close third round. Third round to Hammil for the couple takedowns he scored. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to have given the third to Bisping, though. It was close, and Bisping did much better in that round. But round 2? Sorry fellas, but I don't see how anyone could have given that round to Bisping! For sure he only hit Hammils forearms in the round. But Hammil was landing and scoring takedowns. It wasn't quite the dominance of round 1, but it was a prett clear win for Hammil.

I'm not one to cry "robbed" very often. Usually, that's just how it goes. Sometimes in a close fight the decision goes "the other way". But this wasn't even close. Hammil got robbed. Hometown judges, FTW.

:)

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bisping's camp were smart enough to know he'd be outweighed by fight-time, he was circling, landing more shots, and occasionally jumping in with combos. The judges saw him working, and Hamil not doing much in return. Bisping would be stupid to go toe to toe, giving up, as much as 20lbs....he did the right thing, and his footwork, was appropriate against a shuffling heaving mass of muscle like Hamill (who hits hard, but telegraphs, is slow, and has little striking form). It didn't look pretty, but he outfought him everwhere.

For those who spar fairly hard, 15 or 20 lbs is a lot to give up, on their level. I feel the difference with 10 lbs when I get to spar. I didn't see anything wrong with Bisping's tactic, I think it wasn't macho enough for some.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the last time, Bisping was NOT landing more than Hammil. In fact, in the first two rounds he barely landed anything.

:)

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The first round went to Hamill, rightly....but that was it. I'm not sure what you were watching.
    I was watching Hamill do little or nothing to hurt his opponent.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 11:35am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either way Hammill seemed to be the more aggressive. He held his own in their sloppy punching exchanges and was scoring takedowns. I think it was clearly a 29/28 win for Hammill.
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast