OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 2:20am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    If Hamill would have remained as compossed in the last round and a half as he was in the first half he would have clinched it easy. Admit it. He was getting pretty sloppy towards the end and that was the only reason "Tha ****" landed more half assed shots. He started to look a little desperate with that funky looking jab of his close to the end. And it was Bisping pushing forward at the end of the fight. Not defending him because I can't stand the **** talking sheep shagger. Just trying to wrap my mind around that decission.
    I've been trying to rationalize it, too. All I can think of is that even though Hamill kept pressing on, Bisping was doing more punching. The punching was weak, but it was there. Hamill kept pressing on, but his punches were really pathetic.

But still, I was surprised to hear it was a split decision, and just angry when I heard that they gave it to Bisping.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 3:30am

Style: Boxing, Judo, BJJ, M.T.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone I watched it with said the same thing, screwjob. Not a big fan of either fighter, but man was Bisping lame that entire fight. He thought he lost it too, you could see it in his face before the fight, then they announce him, and he starts gloating. Like Kos after that barely squeeked out victory over Diego Sanchez, (though he did win that fight at least.) That fight was as worked as any I've seen in boxing or pro-wrestling. I remember when Randy Couture won a decision against an opponent he said, "Man, I thought he had won it." I hope Bisping gets a sandpaper fisting from his next opponent.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 3:37am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the scores were fucked up. how did that one judge give it 30-27 to hamill? theres no way hamill won that last round. and theres no way bisping won the first 2... fucking retarded scoring.

dont **** bisping too much, he seems like an alright guy. i cant remember **** of what actually happens in my fights afterwards so maybe he figured he did better than he thought. dont be haters, the judges need the shooting not bisping

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 3:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robbed I say robbed... that was hammill's fight, 29-28

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 4:07am

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nord
    Hammill was robbed! I am disgusted that anyone there could cheer for Bisping with a straight face after that. I hope they feed him to Shogun after this.
    Even though I want to see Shogun fight some good competition, i second this. In fact, if Bisping wants to talk that much ****, lets make it a 1 time special match with stomps and soccer kicks. Then after Shogun stomps Bisping's head off and kicks it out of the octogon he can talk all the trash he wants.

I actually don't hate trash talking ALL of the time, but come on. If you know there's NO way you should have won, just shut your mouth and take the bs win. That was totally unnecessary.

:)

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 7:12am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hamil did indeed need to loose that ****. He took Bisping down, but didn't do much with it. Bisping was busier on the bottom than Hamill on top. Bisping looked fresher, was better on his feet, and stayed busier the whole fight. Hamill had his hands down too much, and looked gassed in general, at the end of the fight he was hunched over hurting, and generally looked sluggish. A good call.

EDIT: just read all the posts. You guys didn't even watch the Hamill Bisping fight that I saw, I think. Hamill fought a sloppy, half assed fight. Just taking a guy down doesn't mean **** if there's no work done down there.
    Last edited by bobyclumsyninja; 9/09/2007 7:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 8:42am

Style: Internet Warrior, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    and theres no way bisping won the first 2... fucking retarded scoring.
    All 3 judges gave hamill the first round.

:)

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 8:43am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    After a stellar first round, Hammill fell apart. Brisbane hits like a bitch, but he was still able to hit something. Hammill was just neutralized.
    Right, Bisping stayed busy the whole fight....power or not, he was working.
    That's all he needed.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:08am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HA you newbs. I called this decision right before they announced it and everyone in the room told me I was full of ****.

Hammil won the first round.
    They are in ENGLAND! so obviously one of the judges is going to give a close second round to Bisping.
    Third round Bisping moved forward and was busy. It was close but the 3rd round was Bispings.

Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:30am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, Whiteshark beat me to my points but I will mention this (As its one of my favorite bitches lately)...

The scoring system used by the UFC is basically a boxing scoring system. Like him or not, Bisping was landing a lot of shots in the last two rounds. Hamill was just plodding after him with his hands down waiting for Michael to kick so he could take him down. Once Bisping's corner realized that he just threw hands. More shots landed will always outdo a few takedowns. Especially when those takedowns come off of your opponents movement and not from your own effort.

Where was Hamill's fantastic wrestling?!?

Where was his ability to use his size advantage (closer to 18lbs in my mind)?!?

Bisping fought a smarter 2nd and 3rd round and with the hometown advantage he was going to get the nod anyways.

TKD

PS - Cecil Peeples needs to get the **** out of this sport. The guy can't ref and he can't fucking score!

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast