Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 6:30pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    Just quit TKD today. been in it for about 2.5 years and hold a red belt (one away from Black). After spending most of my not even born yet children's college fund, I learned some things.

Fighting in a TKD school is not like the street. People outside of TKD schools are bastards who DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES... here is how street fights are supposed to go...

Rule 1. No kicking below the knee! Seriously, are you trying to hurt my chances of joining the olympics? How about you respect me enough to kick me waist or above.

Rule 2. No punching to the face, what is this? A street fight? Not only to we not train how to box, but our punches rank somewhere between an old stagnate fart, and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you are thirsty. So JUST KICK LIKE THE REST OF THE CIVILIZED WORLD!

Rule 3. After one of us makes contact, we break. NO questions asked. I will record who hit who and we can continue with said tap dancing.... excuse me... fighting.

Rule 4. Our one step sparring techniques are flawless!!! it is YOU who are not cooperating and fouling up my technique.

Rule 5. If at any point in the street fight, I land a 540 or even a 360 anything, you must stop, hi-five me and say "DUDE THAT WAS SICK!". Recognize the skills sucka..... recognize.

Rule 6. After a winner has been chosen (from the score cards) we part ways and you never challenge me again....

Realize that we have these rules to protect you. If it weren't for these rules, there would be dead people everywhere from the fights we would have. 90% of my moves are deadly.... and you need to be scared because I said so.... understand?

So with that and my current Jitz school giving me an awful wake up call.... I am done with "Take yer dough" never to return.... But seriously... some of the scariest fighters I have ever seen were TKD'ers..... just ask them.... they will tell you ALL about t3h d34dly!
    No fair! Everyone else's story includes an embaressing event, your's just has you spending your kids college fund. You must tell us how you got schooled at BJJ and how useless the TKD training was (been there, done that!), other wise, your just posing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 6:40pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    No fair! Everyone else's story includes an embaressing event, your's just has you spending your kids college fund. You must tell us how you got schooled at BJJ and how useless the TKD training was (been there, done that!), other wise, your just posing.
    Obviously you didn't recognize the skills!!!

ok so Make fun of Matty time.... ok let me think.... there were ohhh so many moments...

how about this one....

I was at a bar and had a few too many to drink. I get to the front of the line to order me and this girl a drink when a guy bumps into me. I turn around saying "what the **** man" when I realize he is only like 5'4". Somewhat laughing I turn around and call him a fag. He taps me on the shoulder and as I turn around he asks me what I called him. I said with a puzzled look "little fag?" he shoves me back into the bar and I gain my balance *keep in mind I am drunk... this is a story from my 3 friends WHO where not... and they all were very similar so I consider them true... unfortunatly* I actually tried to round kick his face (5'4" isn't very hard for me). The next thing I know, he throws me across the table, and I stager to get up. I said something along the lines of, well it doesn't matter because the next thing I know he punches me square in the face as I charge blind at him. he kicks in my right knee to put me to his level (lol I know poor attempt but he really was short :) )... and gives me a nice hook. Thats about all she wrote right....

Well I was told to leave along with him, and like a cool guy he tried to apologize to me outside... and I took that as a challenge... LOL I love beer.... So despite the various lava pits and broken glass... he manages to single leg one of my weak ass TKD kicks and puts me on the groung right next to the HIV needles and crocks! He proceeds to pound me until I saw reason.... which meant I was out LOL. I woke up at my friends place in the morning and guess who showed up at the door... That same guy. remembering SOME of the pain he made me feel I was like "ohhhh ****" but he was one of the guys who actually helped me home.... after beating my ass and TKD to ****. He invited me to come train with him now that I wasn't a drunk dick head. I went one time and was hooked.... now I train out of a straight blast gym and will never go back. I was a red belt in TKD, and good according to their rule set.... but in the game of life. My best friend Kyle tought me more than TKD ever could.

Yes the guy that whooped my ass is now a best buddy LOL. We still laugh and he respected me sticking with TKD for this long... but now I realize what a waste of time it really is... even with Jitz and MT.

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 6:50pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, **** happens. At least you had the luck and more importatnly, good sense, to change styles. Ease up on the beer, blacking out is not good- I mean that in a friendly way, so don't take offense, as I've had a few black outs myself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ohhh no, don't worry about it. I appreciate the concern but that was in the college days.... I still get drunk.... but we all grow up at some point :)

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 6:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol. smashing stuff.

Funny how everyone else's bullshido moments seem to be instantaneous enlightenment. I'm much thicker and took years of such moments to finally work it out.

Back in '93 or '94 I trained karate and judo under the same guy. I preferred karate and thought it was much deadlier than Judo etc. The karate was semi-contact type stuff.

Every once in a while we'd spar with mixed Judo and karate - I doubt the UFC had anything to do with that. The rules were approximately semi-contact karate plus Judo, but no strike once either party had a grip of the other. Ten(?) punches equated to an ippon throw in the scoring. I remember going up against this judo guy, a couple of years younger than me (that's a huge thing to young adults) but much bigger. I landed like 5 silly punches then he grabbed me. He threw me about so casually it was like he was doing a compliant drill, and I was the lemon.

But did I see the light???? Or did I go try out Kuk Sool Won, Ninjitsu and even the superb Aikido????
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 8:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mine was in junior high. After a few months of TKD I got into a fight with a kid. The first thing I did was throw a beautiful side kick. And stopped just short of his chest. We had always trained to pull our kicks in sparring, and guess what I did in a fight? I pulled it. You do exactly what you train to. Fortunately that surpised him, and he ran off. But still, it made the point to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 10:24pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got in a fight during my first or second week of highschool. Seeing how i was teh deadly tkd blackbelt I knew i was going to kick this guys ass. I threw a beautiful(read:slow and flashy) jumping side kick which he promptly caught, and then dumped me on my back. I managed to get up, and get my ass kicked some more(point sparring punches are great!). I quit tkd the next day.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 10:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dokomoy
    I got in a fight during my first or second week of highschool. Seeing how i was teh deadly tkd blackbelt I knew i was going to kick this guys ass. I threw a beautiful(read:slow and flashy) jumping side kick which he promptly caught, and then dumped me on my back. I managed to get up, and get my ass kicked some more(point sparring punches are great!). I quit tkd the next day.
    A poor workman blames his tools. TKD is the scapegoat of your own inadequacies. It wasn't the flying side kick that was at fault, it was the delivery. With ten years of practice the average Taekwondo 7th Dan can kick 11 year olds' arses, you clearly lack the indomitable spirit.
    Last edited by Fantasy Warrior; 7/23/2007 10:31pm at .
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 10:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double Post--Sorry
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 7/23/2007 10:52pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 10:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickcatcher
    A poor workman blames his tools. TKD is the scapegoat of your own inadequacies. It wasn't the flying side kick that was at fault, it was the delivery. With ten years of practice the average Taekwondo 7th Dan can kick 11 year olds' arses, you clearly lack the indomitable spirit.
    Nope... he has a point... you practice like you play and the other way around.... and since you know t3h real deadly.... tell me where to go!
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast