Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 9:50am

Style: MuayThai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interestlingly enough, my first real experience with the truth was in a Ninjutsu class. I had been studying Kroddy (Tang Soo Do) for about 2 years and I really thought I was learning t3h d34d7y! Some friends of my trained with a 'backyard' Ninjutsu teacher. Everyone would just go to the guys place after work and either train in his backyard or basement.

After he got everyone else in the class started on their drills, he invited me over and said, "Show me what you've got...."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Him: "Put your guard up."

Me: -puts guard up-

Him: -bursts out laughing at my ridiculous stance-

Me: -starts getting sneaking suspiscion that things are about to start hurting-

Him: "Attack me"

Me: -throws shitty point-sparring snap kick at his head, pulled well before making contact-

Him: "Nice kick"

Me: -sees stars.... LOTS of stars! Followed by quite a bit of blood....-

I trained with that guy for about 2 years. He was an amazing fighter. He could do things that to this day are still astounding to me. Unfortunately, he was a horrible teacher. Sure, we all eventually learned some martial arts skills through osmosis and daily ass-beatings, but we all eventually moved on to other training....

...I found MuayThai and never looked back!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 10:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've participated in the following drill:

Forward roll, pick up shuriken from floor mid-roll, come to knees and throw shuriken at wooden target.

I need a shower now.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to use my two years of Wing Chun against a guy with six months of Muay Thai. Weird guard and all.

God, I never ate so many hooks in my life.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 11:00am

Style: FMA & judo-ultra noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to palm heel a friend of mine on a dare when I was like 14... who then laughed at me and did it back (which it surprisingly hurt). Since that didn't kill him as advertised, I began hitting him with my umbrella instead. That seemed to work better.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 5:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao
    Interestlingly enough, my first real experience with the truth was in a Ninjutsu class. I had been studying Kroddy (Tang Soo Do) for about 2 years and I really thought I was learning t3h d34d7y! Some friends of my trained with a 'backyard' Ninjutsu teacher. Everyone would just go to the guys place after work and either train in his backyard or basement.

After he got everyone else in the class started on their drills, he invited me over and said, "Show me what you've got...."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Him: "Put your guard up."

Me: -puts guard up-

Him: -bursts out laughing at my ridiculous stance-

Me: -starts getting sneaking suspiscion that things are about to start hurting-

Him: "Attack me"

Me: -throws shitty point-sparring snap kick at his head, pulled well before making contact-

Him: "Nice kick"

Me: -sees stars.... LOTS of stars! Followed by quite a bit of blood....-

I trained with that guy for about 2 years. He was an amazing fighter. He could do things that to this day are still astounding to me. Unfortunately, he was a horrible teacher. Sure, we all eventually learned some martial arts skills through osmosis and daily ass-beatings, but we all eventually moved on to other training....

...I found MuayThai and never looked back!
    Was he asian by any chance?
    I've trained withy two asian guys in judo and jiu jitsu, one japanese other chinese.
    Both were mean but the chinese guy was a sadist.
    I learned a lot though about myself and mentality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 5:48pm

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I did bujinkan.

Ditto.

'Nuff said.

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 5:58pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At 16, I accepted the Challenge of a Judoka, armed with my deadly 2 years of "Bok Fu" training. He flipped me twice, I had a concussion, and new found respect for judo. The guy was an asshole, and somehow, I believed that I just wasn't doing my Bok Fu (Kempo) techniques ( five swords, etc) good enough. I should have just canned the West Wind and joined the YMCA and learned Judo, but it was the 70's and Kung fu was all the rage...after I hung out with some wrestlers I realized what I was learning was crap, and that almost all the schools around were Bullshido, more or less. I started getting laid a lot (it was the 80's) and dropped the martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 6:01pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i studied tae krap do for a year and half. then I joined the Marine Corps. never looked back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 6:19pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just quit TKD today. been in it for about 2.5 years and hold a red belt (one away from Black). After spending most of my not even born yet children's college fund, I learned some things.

Fighting in a TKD school is not like the street. People outside of TKD schools are bastards who DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES... here is how street fights are supposed to go...

Rule 1. No kicking below the knee! Seriously, are you trying to hurt my chances of joining the olympics? How about you respect me enough to kick me waist or above.

Rule 2. No punching to the face, what is this? A street fight? Not only to we not train how to box, but our punches rank somewhere between an old stagnate fart, and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you are thirsty. So JUST KICK LIKE THE REST OF THE CIVILIZED WORLD!

Rule 3. After one of us makes contact, we break. NO questions asked. I will record who hit who and we can continue with said tap dancing.... excuse me... fighting.

Rule 4. Our one step sparring techniques are flawless!!! it is YOU who are not cooperating and fouling up my technique.

Rule 5. If at any point in the street fight, I land a 540 or even a 360 anything, you must stop, hi-five me and say "DUDE THAT WAS SICK!". Recognize the skills sucka..... recognize.

Rule 6. After a winner has been chosen (from the score cards) we part ways and you never challenge me again....

Realize that we have these rules to protect you. If it weren't for these rules, there would be dead people everywhere from the fights we would have. 90% of my moves are deadly.... and you need to be scared because I said so.... understand?

So with that and my current Jitz school giving me an awful wake up call.... I am done with "Take yer dough" never to return.... But seriously... some of the scariest fighters I have ever seen were TKD'ers..... just ask them.... they will tell you ALL about t3h d34dly!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/23/2007 6:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    Just quit TKD today. been in it for about 2.5 years and hold a red belt (one away from Black). After spending most of my not even born yet children's college fund, I learned some things.

Fighting in a TKD school is not like the street. People outside of TKD schools are bastards who DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES... here is how street fights are supposed to go...

Rule 1. No kicking below the knee! Seriously, are you trying to hurt my chances of joining the olympics? How about you respect me enough to kick me waist or above.

Rule 2. No punching to the face, what is this? A street fight? Not only to we not train how to box, but our punches rank somewhere between an old stagnate fart, and that white stuff that accumulates at the corner of your mouth when you are thirsty. So JUST KICK LIKE THE REST OF THE CIVILIZED WORLD!

Rule 3. After one of us makes contact, we break. NO questions asked. I will record who hit who and we can continue with said tap dancing.... excuse me... fighting.

Rule 4. Our one step sparring techniques are flawless!!! it is YOU who are not cooperating and fouling up my technique.

Rule 5. If at any point in the street fight, I land a 540 or even a 360 anything, you must stop, hi-five me and say "DUDE THAT WAS SICK!". Recognize the skills sucka..... recognize.

Rule 6. After a winner has been chosen (from the score cards) we part ways and you never challenge me again....

Realize that we have these rules to protect you. If it weren't for these rules, there would be dead people everywhere from the fights we would have. 90% of my moves are deadly.... and you need to be scared because I said so.... understand?

So with that and my current Jitz school giving me an awful wake up call.... I am done with "Take yer dough" never to return.... But seriously... some of the scariest fighters I have ever seen were TKD'ers..... just ask them.... they will tell you ALL about t3h d34dly!
    *shudders* with guilty knowledge of this
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast