Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    I much prefer lifting heavy. Unfortunately I haven't had access to a decent weight room since I got out of prison (*grin*). So I mostly do a lot of low weight high rep stuff now because I'm doing either bodyweight stuff and have access to only about 80lbs of weights.
    Man, I guess everyone is really different. When doing lower weight higher reps I need more time between sets usually.

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1596243&cr=

I did this program and the heavy and medium days were like a break compared to the light days.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd personally rather suffer intensely for a short duration than suffer moderately for a long duration.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Tsatsouline
    The bodybuilding camps "Intensity" and "Volume" engage in a silly, navel contemplating debate over which is better; doing a high number of reps or using heavier weights. When it comes to building strength, the answer is, of course, both.
    Okay, Pavel's not on this board, but I am and I have most of his books memorized. If you want to get both volume and intensity, do ladders. I have clients do 45 deadlifts of their 5RM in half an hour and they can't write by the end of it. Give it a try.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If my clients were all illiterate, I wouldn't brag about it, no matter how many deadlifts they could do.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remind me to throw some positive rep your way in another forum that allows it. Bastard.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567