Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 1:56pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Wrasslin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Black Belt World, Knightdale N.C

This TKD school is not a full blown Mcdojo so intruction still has quality in it. Classes are taught by Master Kim a 4th degree black belt from Korea and Ms. Kim. Everyone in the Dojang gets along and the atmosphere is very encouraging and positive. They have an kiddy class with students ranging from 4-7 and a adult class with students ranging from 8 and up. Sometimes adult class have kids sometimes outnumber the adults. This Dojang is a fun place to train and can offer a serious TKD student challenges. The school has a Comp. team and a demo team. Guest intsructors often come by from headquarters for demonstrations and lessons. Overall this school has good TKD instruction and has a good intructor and has a good atmosphere.:thumbsup:
    Attached Images        

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 5:34pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you explain more about the reasons you gave this a 9 for Aliveness?

Also, you have a full contact fight team? I find that hard to believe, what is their record in local or state promotions?

A 5 in Weapons?
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I too find it hard to believe that a TKD team could be considered a "full contact fight team".

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 9:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    saul i know your gonna hate me but you need to open your eyes. youve been at that school a few months i went there two and a half years. it isnt good saul.

1) making you pay for tests FIFTY BUCKS is dumb

2)they discourage you from trying other arts cuz "tkd is the best plus you are disloyal by doing more than one"

3) full contact my ass. i quit because i got in trouble for light contact to the head of someone bigger than me. well thats not why i quit but that did happen. in fact their idea of full contact is what i do as light contact so yeah. meh on that one. (this might have changed since i quit how ever)

4) my biggest problem is this : master lee and kim are both VERY good and could teach things to even professional mma fighters. but instead they teach watered down stuff to people. my assumption is that they get more money by making it easier.

on a lighter note : master lee kicked a louieville slugger bat in half with a jumping tornado roundhouse kick. O_o''

id like the school and i miss it. as far as tkd is concerned it's an 11/10 but as far as martial arts as fighting, mma, and self defense is concerned it gets a 2.5/10. hence why i quit.

and from what i heard from my other freinds who still go there the weapons class sucks too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 9:49pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Wrasslin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i agree, i messed up on the weapons though. I shoulda put it at 1 cuz they only teach t3h d34dly nunchaku