and the conclusion...

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/17/2003 12:38am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I didn't say the guy didn't get his bell rung, I said it didn't ko him. That's not a good example, I practice the full arch all the time. It's the way I throw. If I could figure out how to upload video I'll show you from some of my previous fights.

Official WTDude Badass Evil Genius

Posted On:
    9/17/2003 1:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm not doubting you cannot do an arch. i just don't see how you can have the guy land first if you do a perfect 5 point throw like severn did.

remember after linland KO'd himself, he even claimed (whether this is true i don't know) that he landed on a pipe.

Posted On:
    9/17/2003 6:04pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think the guy will hit first if you grab him lower around the waist, helps if he is taller

--
    Hard Work, Patience, Dedication

(Thanks brandeissansoo)
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    9/23/2003 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think the guy will hit first if you grab him lower around the waist, helps if he is taller
    no. the lower u grab, the only good is there will be more leverage and the guy will have, hence he'll hurt more. however, think of the throwee's waist as a flexible spring. as you arch and on the path of going down to the floor, his body "lags" so imagine: the taller he is, the more he'll "lag." Not to soind nerdy, but this is becuase of inertia (Physics says moving bodies have a tendency to keep moving, and still objects have tendency to stay still). just like flicking a pencil when playing "woods": your wrist finishes it's rotation movement before the pencil despite the pencil being really rigid. however, the positive side is when the pencil DOES land its stronger in some proportion to it's length.

Posted On:
    9/23/2003 10:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But then again, the simple solution to this problem is just not go straight back... If you do land first this way, you land on shoulder which isn't so painful.

Check my thread on greco wrestling highlights for more suplex galore!!!

Edited by - blackbeltnow on September 23 2003 10:43:08
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12