Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 3:44pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I had a big thing written out thinking you had 1 hour between the weigh in and the start of the match. You have a full 24 hours to recover? DUDE you're gold. After you weigh in start sipping water, 2-3 oz at a time for a couple of hours. Eat whatever you normally eat before you compete and throw in an extra bowl of pasta and some bread. Then make sure you eat a good breakfast at least 2 hours before you compete and a small snack like an apple about an hour before. Keep sipping water up until about 45 mins or an hour before you compete and make sure you take a piss about 15 minutes before. You'll be FINE.

This is coming from my experience wrestling in HS where some of our guys did insane things to make weight 2-3 hours before tournaments started and then had to get rehydrated and recovered enough to compete.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 3:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, since weigh-ins are from 12:00 to 9:00pm tomorrow and competition starts at 10:00am the next day (although, if jiu jitsu tournaments are anything like the TKD tournaments I've been to, that really means sometime after 11:00am), so I'm really looking at 13+ hours to recover, depending on when I weigh-in.

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 4:00pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My time telling skills are NO GOOD. I thought you were weighing in at 9am tommorow and fighting at 10am the next day. Either way you have plenty of time to recover. How's the weight cutting going? Shouldn't you be on a treadmill or something instead of t3h intarwebs?

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 4:20pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    My time telling skills are NO GOOD. I thought you were weighing in at 9am tommorow and fighting at 10am the next day. Either way you have plenty of time to recover. How's the weight cutting going? Shouldn't you be on a treadmill or something instead of t3h intarwebs?
    I'm at fucking work pretending to be doing my job. I did do stairs (13 flights x2) over my morning break, the elipse for 20 minutes over lunch, and stairs again during my afternoon break, but that's my normal routine. The only thing I've been able to change today is to skip my breakfast bar for breakfast, I only ate a small apple for lunch, and have only had about 8oz of water and 12oz of coffee so far today. I'll swing by a store after jiu jitsu class tonight and pick up some protein shake mix so I can take Tabwyo's advice for dinner. Tomorrow, I plan on taking in no fluids except for what I need to choke down my supplements (CLA, Fish Oil, Amino Acids, Glucosomine and Chondroitin) and sauna during my lunchtime work out. Oh, and drive my truck to work and to and from the gym with the heater on.

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 4:32pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck dude, but I don't think you're gonna make it at this rate....

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 9:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you need to read Chris Brennans cutting weight thread on the UG

yes....

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 2:37am

Style: drunken bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do what i did.

give birth.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 7:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Down to 187 this morning. Going to sauna over lunch and hopefully sweat out the last two pounds so I can go weigh in right afterward and maximize my recovery time.

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 8:12am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome. You can make 2 lbs by the end of the day easy. Congrats man! Good luck with your match, any chance of video being posted up so we can see how you do?

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/03/2007 8:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Awesome. You can make 2 lbs by the end of the day easy. Congrats man! Good luck with your match, any chance of video being posted up so we can see how you do?
    Thanks. I'll take a camera or video camera so hopefully one of my fellow Academy members can get some video of my mediocrite. However, the hard drive on my computer at home is on the verge of death and won't boot up, so I'll either have to have someone else post the video on Youtube for global mockery or wait until my brother fixes my 'puter for me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast