Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 8:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Losing 7lbs in 9 days - crituqe my plan

Ok, im walking at 14% BF & 158lbs & have an amatuer boxing fight on the 28th at 151lbs (it was taken on short notice) Plan is 2 run 5kms each morning & 5km after training at night each day til the Thurs before the fight & then rest. Ill also sauna thurs & fri morning, as well as take a herbal laxative & potassium sparing diuretic on these days. Im currently eating about 230g protein, 110g carbs & 100 fat (seasme, coconut, fish oils etc.) - how much of this should i drop in the days leading about up the comp? Im thinking about 25%...

Its a same day weigh-in, so i need to stay hydrated. Boxers cant cut like wrestlers, i learnt the hard way in my first fight... Here is the plan for the day of the fight:

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-...ht-weight.aspx
    Last edited by sjfou; 7/18/2007 8:56pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 9:25pm

Style: Getting mounted

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you've already accepted the fight, I don't see that you have much choice, but this sounds unlikely to work. The only way I know of to lose that kind of weight in that kind of timeframe is to cut water weight. Short-term weight loss techniques that don't involve dehydrating yourself are good for losing maybe two or three pounds at most. I hope that 158 is with a full stomach, a bloated bladder, and a full colon. And five feet of hair.

Also, if you need to stay hydrated, what's the point of spending time in a sauna? The point of a sauna for cutting is to make you sweat away water.

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 10:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    158 is after eating, after drinking etc... but my hair is pretty short, lol! I try use the sauna as more to sweat out toxins than dehydrate...

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 1:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Abracadabra - Necro This Thread!

*poof* (thread has been necroed)

OK, how about cutting 7lbs in the next 32 hours? I just found out this morning that they changed the weight divisions for a jiu jitsu tournament this Saturday. Previously, Light Heavy was 175 to 199, so at 192 I wasn't thinking about cutting weight. They have now changed to standard MMA weight divisions, so I will either be fighting at the low end of the LH (186-205) or I could try and cut weight to make Middle Weight (171-185). I went to the gym over lunch and was 192.6 with a pair of shorts and a shirt on prior to working out and 191.2 after my work out. How hard will it be to cut to 185 and is it even possible in so short a time?

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 1:25pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could theoretically do it with an all night garbage bag + heater + treadmill/eliptical/favorite repetitive fat burning machine and a diuretic (In that situation I would recommend 2000 miligrams of cafeeine, which will give you the most unholy bowel movement of your life).
    The downside will be that you have a good chance of passing out and shitting yourself in the middle of a match. I have known wrestlers to make a 7lb cut in 24 hours but most of them lost their matches due to exhaustion.

Good luck!

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 1:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone at the gym over lunch told me that jockeys use some blend of epson salts, water, grapefruit juice and olive oil to purge their systems to make weight. Anyone else here of this? If so, anyone know what the recipe is?

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you'll do better not wrecking your body on no notice and not making weight than if you try and succeed... or worse, try and fail.

plus, you're really fucking old. you could die or something. not worth it.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 2:03pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No food for 1.5-2 days except for pure protein shakes. And only half the called for serving. No water 24 hours before. Sauna, take a healthy crap and try to do something to keep your mind off of it. Cutting isn't the easiest thing to do but I have dropper more weight in the same amount of time and recovered well.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 2:17pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tabwyo's method sounds less likely to result in sudden unconciousness and loss of bowel control. Try that one instead of mine.

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    8/02/2007 2:23pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    You could theoretically do it with an all night garbage bag + heater + treadmill/eliptical/favorite repetitive fat burning machine and a diuretic (In that situation I would recommend 2000 miligrams of cafeeine, which will give you the most unholy bowel movement of your life).
    The downside will be that you have a good chance of passing out and shitting yourself in the middle of a match. I have known wrestlers to make a 7lb cut in 24 hours but most of them lost their matches due to exhaustion.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    you'll do better not wrecking your body on no notice and not making weight than if you try and succeed... or worse, try and fail.
    That's kind of my concern, but I've dropped five pounds in a day with just hard training, so I was thinking I could do seven with just a bit more effort.

plus, you're really fucking old. you could die or something. not worth it.
    40 is not that old, you damn whipper snapper! :new_cussi

Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    No food for 1.5-2 days except for pure protein shakes. And only half the called for serving. No water 24 hours before. Sauna, take a healthy crap and try to do something to keep your mind off of it. Cutting isn't the easiest thing to do but I have dropper more weight in the same amount of time and recovered well.
    Thanks. Weigh-ins start at noon tomorrow (Friday) and are until 9:00pm for those who are trying to cut weight. Competition starts at 10:00am on Saturday. If I do manage to cut the 7 pounds by tomorrow evening, will that give me enough time to recover by rehydrating and carbo loading?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast