Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 10:49am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing I hate about them is I spar with this guy who is a 3rd dan in TKD, and he always does that quad round house, the one where there like running at you and throwing roundkicks, and it is really ment to distract you and back you up, and I can throw a front kick and stop it, but during sparring I try not to do it hard, so when I do it, he trys and act as if it would'nt work, should I really throw it one time and knock the **** out of him so he'll wake up or should I let it go?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:00am

Style: Baihequan, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to ask so bluntly, but...

What the **** does this have to do with Classical stances? More importantly, what the **** does this have to do with Chinese Martial Arts?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:14am

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing I was just looking for advice, sorry to intrude on your sacred thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Guizzy
    Sorry to ask so bluntly, but...

What the **** does this have to do with Classical stances? More importantly, what the **** does this have to do with Chinese Martial Arts?

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:42am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 12:07pm

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my experience, rather than letting the little 3dbb get his pudding stirred up by a reality breaking front-kick, be equally aggressive to him. Rather than letting him back you up, wait for the opening and spring in with a pop to his head.

TKD sparring is not all about staying at kicking distance and circling your opponent. Show him that round-kicks are not the only thing in the world.

poser

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 12:17pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    Nothing I was just looking for advice, sorry to intrude on your sacred thread....
    You lose at the internet.

To avoid the quadruple running flying foot slap just kick him really hard in the chest, or step sideways instead of back. The latter option is funny because then they fall on their face.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 10:32am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaChance
    One thing I hate about them is I spar with this guy who is a 3rd dan in TKD, and he always does that quad round house, the one where there like running at you and throwing roundkicks, and it is really ment to distract you and back you up, and I can throw a front kick and stop it, but during sparring I try not to do it hard, so when I do it, he trys and act as if it would'nt work, should I really throw it one time and knock the **** out of him so he'll wake up or should I let it go?
    Quit your whining and just fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 8:26pm

Style: WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm... unless this 3dbb royally sucks, it should hurt like hell if he starts to connect with those kicks. They really should NOT be foot slaps; each is a full him crank, then using your opponent's body to switch directions and re-crank. He's probably doing them wrong if he kicks more than two in mid-air with nothing to push off of, and look the same when hitting something. Either that, or he's really good and just taking it easy on you, showing he can connect without actually hurting you, hence footslaps. In either case, throw your kick and see how it goes down. You're sparring! Why the hell are you holding off on the reality shattering experience?! He'll be better off after you kick it out, and so will you... unless you kill him. That'd suck, probably more for you than him (He won't have Big Bubba teaching him Rear-End Prison Jujitsu...)

Anyway, yeah, moving sideways works better for me than backing up... then you're screwed. But FYI... people generally don't fall on their faces... stop sparring 8 year olds and get a life. JK kwoww... you're ok. I meant 6 year olds... ;-P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 9:15am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't back up. Step forward and clinch if your not ready to counter. Side step and counter if you are ready.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/20/2007 10:47am

Style: No-Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what it sounds like, your opponent is agressive but afraid to be close.

Get in close and flurry him a few times. TKD doesn't know what to do when its practicioner who only practices distance kicking gets his space bubble popped.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast