Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/17/2007 11:57pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Douglas Wong; I thought this was cool...

Supposedly today I had his son come in and scope my gym today. I'm a fan of Master Wong's and it actually made my day. I thought I'd share.

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 10:36am

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No offense, but I used to read his books when I was a teenager, then I went down, and was kind of underwhelmed when I visited his school. They were very vague about kung fu as self defense, and did some really outdated calisthenics- straight leg sit ups, etc. His son must have been 7 years old, and was twirling around a staff while master Wong talked to a friend about how his son had won a forms competition. This was back in 1990. Anyway, I was probably expecting a bigger school etc.

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/18/2007 11:07am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    No offense, but I used to read his books when I was a teenager, then I went down, and was kind of underwhelmed when I visited his school. They were very vague about kung fu as self defense, and did some really outdated calisthenics- straight leg sit ups, etc. His son must have been 7 years old, and was twirling around a staff while master Wong talked to a friend about how his son had won a forms competition. This was back in 1990. Anyway, I was probably expecting a bigger school etc.

Huh, that was abou the time I was starting to read his stuff. Meh, imagination is bigger than reality usually.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    7/24/2007 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless
    Huh, that was abou the time I was starting to read his stuff. Meh, imagination is bigger than reality usually.
    Especially in the 'outbacks' of Scotland & The Philippines!
    :toothy9:
    `~/