Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just out of curiosity Nih, have you ever been kicked by one of the WTF fighters. I mean the really good fighters. Remember, though they are restricted by rules, they do kick full contact. The hogus that the WTF players wear only provide a little bit of protection. It would be interesting to see the MT fighter and the TKD fighter under TKD rules. Not saying the MT would lose. You may be right and he may just blast right through the TKD fighter...but who knows. :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 4:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't. I was, however, under the impression that things such as being "too aggressive" or hitting too hard was not allowed. Got a copy of the rules and regulations?

BTW - you can only hit so hard with your instep. Its analogous to the back of your hand - and your ankle to your wrist - so too hard and you can hurt your instep and your ankle.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 4:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think wtf sucks. i would like to see a muay thai guy go up against my instructor. why are you guys talking about wtf? it makes taekwon do look bad. they point there toes like a fucking balarina when they kick. WTF SUCKS!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 4:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    o ya my in strucor teaches itf style

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 4:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just found the WTF rules - you can ONLY hit with the index and middle finger knuckles to the trunk (that is protected by the protector), and with the foot using what is BELOW THE ANKLE ONLY to the trunk and face (but not the back of the head, same rules to striking the trunk). And no holding, grabbing, attacking the legs, pushing, shoving, touching, etc...

I think these rules speak for themself. Especially the Rules with using the trunk protector.

Edited by - Nihilanthic on September 26 2002 16:42:06
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 5:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right...Ummmm...again...have you ever sparred with a good WTF player? I can assure you that those maybe the rules but once you are in the ring.....they don't tend to get followed to well.

Plus my original question still remains. How would a MT player fair against a TKD player under those rules?

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree 100%

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 5:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    with nihilanthic

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 6:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Under those rules they would have to fight with the same tight restrictions - so it would come down to the individual fighter. And all this "we use these rules but in the ring its different" is crap - if you don't train to fight without the rules, you won't do well without them. You won't be used to fighting with full on punches and kicks everywhere, having a ref scream point and break you up, and being grabbed and clinched. Give us something with substance, please.

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    9/26/2002 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD, when compared to Muay Thai, is a joke. there are alot of really good techniques in TKD but they're practiced so unrealistically that they might as well never have been practiced at all.

I've been kicked by ALOT of TKD guys. I dont see whats worth talking about. Have you ever gone to a Kyokushin tournament? Go to one. You'll see some TKD guys who wanted to try it(its bare knuckle fullcontact Karate). I've seen Kyokushin fighters stand with their hands raised taking FULL CONTACT KICKS to the body on PURPOSE just to demoralize their opponent. I saw one guy SMILE while his opponent threw 4 full contact round kicks to his ribs. When his opponent was done kicking he was grabbed and kneed in the face.

As far as striking goes Muay Thai is the best art for hitting people. Theres no argument to be made. It takes the most realistic movements and pairs them with hard phsysical training and sparring under rules that are as realistic as you can get without grappling.

"Do not become entranced by impractical or useless movements. Do not be categorized as one who "Learns all there is to know about less and less until he ends up learning everything there is to know about nothing." -Ed Parker
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast