Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 10:10am

Style: Aunkai, Tokyo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand
    As stated, no doubt people can KO others punching from the heel, especially if there's sufficient size differential (a jab--or even just an arm-only punch from a superheavyweight--may pack as much force as a 'correct' boxing punch from a member of some other weight-classes). Another use for the heel-punch occurs when a person with an ankle or arch injury--or permanent limitation such as a permanently fused ankle--has no choice but to punch from the heel.

The usual principle in any forceful activity, though, is termed "summation of all muscles and joints involved"...which is why baseball pitchers don't just use their throwing arm to toss the ball: every possible part of the body is put into the pitch.
    Ok, one thing I want to make clear though...
    Punching from the heel isn't a technique, its only part of a method to accquire an unusual and fairly powerful way to throw strikes.
    On thing is that, while a lot of people say the same thing you just said with regards to "summation of all muscles and joints involved", it can vary a lot in meaning :)

Rob

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep in mind that Upyu once posted about grappling with your back flat on the ground and claimed you could throw heavy punches from under mount by using tension in your spine.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36606

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/23/2008 10:47am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ Wow. What a clusterfuck of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Upyu
    Again, this stuff needs to be felt, and can't be simply explained in words.
    Are we talking about some miasmal, ethereal, hard-to-graps stuff, like quantum mechanics?

Fine, let's assume it can't be simply explained in words. There gotta be some way to explain the body mechanics of these things in a methodical, precise, replicable manner. Otherwise, all of this sounds like hocus pocus disguised with anatomical terms.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 3:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Keep in mind that Upyu once posted about grappling with your back flat on the ground and claimed you could throw heavy punches from under mount by using tension in your spine.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36606
    Sure, and like I said, no that's met us has called BS on any of this stuff.
    And yes you can throw heavy punches from under the mount. ;)
    Its easy, but requires some adjustments in posture. Understanding how the body works as a load bearing device is crucial. Don't knock it till you feel it dude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 3:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    ^^^ Wow. What a clusterfuck of a thread.

Are we talking about some miasmal, ethereal, hard-to-graps stuff, like quantum mechanics?

Fine, let's assume it can't be simply explained in words. There gotta be some way to explain the body mechanics of these things in a methodical, precise, replicable manner. Otherwise, all of this sounds like hocus pocus disguised with anatomical terms.
    Nope, not ethereal at all.
    Its just body mechanics that are, at heart, completely unusual in how they're performed.
    I could outline them (actually I already have, they're in the "how-to" section here in Bullshido).
    They do have to be shown though, if you want to get your foot in the door.

If there's anyone in the DC area in May that's interested in calling BS, then I'm game to meet up ;)

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 4:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about a youtube clip for the likes of us who aren't in the DC area?

I''l rephrase this again: There gotta be some way to explain the body mechanics of these things in a methodical, precise, replicable manner. Otherwise, all of this sounds like hocus pocus disguised with anatomical terms.

Or you can only explain the mechanics of these techniques only face to face, specially if someone's calling BS? Those would be very context-specific body mechanics if that the case.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 4:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could outline them (actually I already have, they're in the "how-to" section here in Bullshido).
    Linkie? Can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 7:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess there's no more "Article" section here?

Anyways, here's the article that used to be posted in Bullshido:
    http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showth...ing+Martial%22

I

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And yes you can throw heavy punches from under the mount. ;)
    If I could ban you from strikeistan I would. Instead I'm deporting this thread to the armpit of bullshido.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/24/2008 10:42pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is that how i fucking got this thread? This is the technique question not the JMA Bullshido or historical question. Back to Strikeistan.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 15 LastLast