Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 6:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained under Pedro for 2 months last year in Chiangmai hes a really great guy and great teacher. He teaches old boxing now though not contemporary muay thai for the ring. he is devoutly buddest and does about 2 hours of chanting before training every morning hehe :D
    Last edited by buuface; 7/19/2007 7:05am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 8:07am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He used to tease me about what bad footwork my "Thai March" produced.
    What do you mean by that? What's the 'Thai march'?

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 8:30am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansberg
    What do you mean by that? What's the 'Thai march'?
    Probably the muay thai way of moving where you shift your weight from left foot to right foot and back in very small steps. Done to keep your weight central, so you can check kicks that come from either direction.

Does this Pedro still teach muay thai? Where's he located in Thailand, and does he have a website?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 9:20am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.ancientmuaythai.com is Pedro's website, his camp is in Chiangmai. I thought he was still teaching both but buuface just implied he is focused on the old styles only now. Incidentally he gave me the nickname WhiteShark.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2007 10:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does teach basic modern techinques. However I must stress it is not a fighting orientated camp. Pedro only had 2 fighters last time i was there One is a young boy named Kob and the other is a Brittish guy named Jay who wants to become an instructor.

When i was there his lessons consisted of solely technique and footwork drills in the morning and in the afternoon took on a more regular style eg heavy bag drills, some padwork in the ring , partner work and some sparring or running to finish off the lesson. Haha he doesnt allow the use of shinpads when sparring >_<.

My general technique and body mechanics improved a lot while i was there much more than any camp i have trained at but it didnt push me physically as much as others have, although the lessons are quite exausting 6-10am and 3 till 8pm.

Pedro is a great teacher he gives you a lot of attention and guidence. Most other camps just leave you to learn by yourself, which eventually you do but it takes much longer.

Overall id say its a great camp for begginers but once you have learned the basics to a degree you are happy with a more standard camp like Lanna might be better in order for you to improve your speed and strength and prepare for the actual fighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/21/2007 9:10pm

Style: Mixed Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khun Kao
    LOL! My e-book is popping up everywhere on the web!
    Holy crap that was a good reference! Much respect, Khun Kao.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 4:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One the single best sources is Vincent Giordano as he has trained and is very versed in the complete strategies and systems. If you get a chance look him up as well. I trained with him in Cambodia and Thailand about two years ago,mostly in thailand but accompanied him to training/research run into the remote forest in cambodia and it was an amazing experience, the classes are hardcore and more geared for function and combatics but also the classes are deep into the history and spiritual aspects, it is a complete immerson into the systems. If you are looking for the hardcore practical aspects and the depth of experience hes someone definitely to check out. His guys have competed as well in thailand, cambodia, burma, etc. in addition to the other He is also one of the top researchers in the field and has been translating alot of the old documents he inherited for some time. Quite a task.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12