Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Hapkido Styles

  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    86
    Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KenMasters
    We don't practice kicks with our hapkido, that's what tkd is for. The only time we use kicks while practicing hapkido is when we are practicing counters.(sweep the leg,that kind of thing)
    Huh? So, your not taught to kick? Does your skill teach TKD as well?

    Odd.

    HKD has its own kicks ya know.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    deridder,LA
    Posts
    137
    Style
    jidokwan tkd,hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saipher
    Huh? So, your not taught to kick? Does your skill teach TKD as well?

    Odd.

    HKD has its own kicks ya know.
    Kicks are kicks. My school practices tkd and hapkido, though with a much greater focus on tkd. Students don't start practicing hapkido until they've been there a long while. Also, kumdo will be taught soon which is gonna be all weapons.(mainly swordsmanship)

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10
    Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know whats funny?
    You're master is very silly is he doesn't teach kicks in your Hapkido Dojang. You should at least know that Hapkido and Taekwondo share a root in Hwarando, which was a kicking art. And if you're not learning how to break-fall and simple things like that then I certainly hope you're not paying any more then $40 a month. I'd only pay about $25, $30 at the most for lessons like that.

  4. #14
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    You know whats funny?
    You're master is very silly is he doesn't teach kicks in your Hapkido Dojang. You should at least know that Hapkido and Taekwondo share a root in Hwarando, which was a kicking art. And if you're not learning how to break-fall and simple things like that then I certainly hope you're not paying any more then $40 a month. I'd only pay about $25, $30 at the most for lessons like that.
    Hwa Rang Do is a bullshit made up martial art. There is no historical evidence it ever existed. Anyone who has claimed to know it has been proved wrong. Ergo, you calling someone silly for not teaching kicks is boooooolshit.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10
    Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I'm saying is silly about not learning kicks is that Hapkido has a lot of them. Your missing out on your education

  6. #16
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then why did you mention bullshit fraudulent history?

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10
    Style
    Hapkido
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    because that "bullshit fradulant history" actually existed. you obviously need to study history a little more. and like i previously stated, Hapkido has roots in Hwarangdo. If you know nothing about Korean history then of course you would think this is fradulant. so before you run around calling the roots a an art fradulant and bullshit maybe you should actually get information. stop being such a jack-ass

  8. #18
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    because that "bullshit fradulant history" actually existed.
    It only existed in the twentieth century when it was fabricated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    you obviously need to study history a little more.
    What history?

    Samguk Shidae?

    Yain Shidae?

    Do any of these terms mean anything to you?

    If they don't, then you aren't the one to tell me I need to study history more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    and like i previously stated, Hapkido has roots in Hwarangdo
    Hapgido has its roots in Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu or one of its derivatives & has no causal links to the Shilla Kingdom's Hwarang.

    Prove me wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    If you know nothing about Korean history then of course you would think this is fradulant.
    If you think I know nothing of Korean history, then you need to lurk more & post less.

    Prove me wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    so before you run around calling the roots a an art fradulant and bullshit maybe you
    should actually get information.
    I have actual information. Do you?

    Prove me wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hapkido_ninja
    stop being such a jack-ass
    I'm not a jack ass.

    I'm an asshole.

    And I'm proud of it.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    58
    Style
    Soo Bahk Do/Tang Soo Do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    It only existed in the twentieth century when it was fabricated.



    What history?

    Samguk Shidae?

    Yain Shidae?

    Do any of these terms mean anything to you?

    If they don't, then you aren't the one to tell me I need to study history more.



    Hapgido has its roots in Daito-ryu Aikijujutsu or one of its derivatives & has no causal links to the Shilla Kingdom's Hwarang.

    Prove me wrong.



    If you think I know nothing of Korean history, then you need to lurk more & post less.

    Prove me wrong.



    I have actual information. Do you?

    Prove me wrong.



    I'm not a jack ass.

    I'm an asshole.

    And I'm proud of it.
    I'm clapping right now....

    I think this hapkido ninja dude is 12 years old.....MAYBE 15 tops.

  10. #20
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    Style
    BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MBuzzy
    I'm clapping right now....

    I think this hapkido ninja dude is 12 years old.....MAYBE 15 tops.
    How many hands are clapping?

Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO