224804 Bullies, 3559 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 61 to 70 of 109
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Skillful is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    718

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 6:59am


     Style: Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does the guy put on a BJJ gi with some other kind of belt to teach a BJJ class? How can you have belts in MMA when you fight in boardshorts and rashguards? Where does the belt go?

    I hope someone in the area will stop and check this guy out, start a proper investigation and all that, because suspicions have definitely been aroused.
  2. zookrider is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salinas, Ca
    Posts
    100

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 7:06am


     Style: Modern Army Combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    That's what the school review section is for, it is based on your opinion.
    With all due respect, I believe that this is the appropriate forum for this debate since, as I stated in my original post, I have largely confined myself to discussing facts regarding the school in question. The fact that I don't have photographic evidence of Mr Baker teaching BJJ wearing a black belt doesn't invalidate my claim that he does so. In fact, the statements from his own students in this thread would appear to support my accusation regarding this matter.

    If an instructor is falsley claiming to be a black belt (even by tacit implication) and promoting students in BJJ improperly doesn't belong in MABS, then I not sure what does.
  3. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 7:30am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCell
    I was not made to buy a gi or any equipment from Mr. Baker. He actually recommended that I go to a local sports store because their prices were better. I was put on a contract that suited me as my time here is limited.
    I think you are lying. You live in a town of 90,000 and you have a sports store that sells BJJ gis? Thats funny, cause I live in Providence, a CITY of 175,000 and I need to get them through my instructor or the interwebz. And even if I search in Boston, the only stores that sell BJJ gis are those located within training schools. So mind telling me exactly what the name of the store is that you got your gi?

    As for the belt comments you made, let me explain to you, since you don't know what you are talking about, or you are just lying to make your school look better. Wearing a belt from another training system would be like getting an A in Science, and therefore expecting that you don't have to do your homework in English. Nobody does that who comes from a RESPECTABLE school, and if your school IS in fact doing that, well suspicion in my mind has just gone up 100%. Expect to be investigated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  4. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 7:31am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, does anyone else think this is starting to smell like Chris Van Valkenberg all over again? (Did I get that guy's name right?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  5. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 7:35am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zookrider
    With all due respect, I believe that this is the appropriate forum for this debate since, as I stated in my original post, I have largely confined myself to discussing facts regarding the school in question. The fact that I don't have photographic evidence of Mr Baker teaching BJJ wearing a black belt doesn't invalidate my claim that he does so. In fact, the statements from his own students in this thread would appear to support my accusation regarding this matter.

    If an instructor is falsley claiming to be a black belt (even by tacit implication) and promoting students in BJJ improperly doesn't belong in MABS, then I not sure what does.
    Well your point of the students confirming is well taken, but the fact that there are all these new accounts commenting on it does make it hard to discern real students from trolls. The question is, if you care enough about this guy's practices to alert Bullshido.net, shouldn't you care enough to expose that potential BS further? What I'm saying is, if you can't provide pictures or material evidence, what can you do to help move this along? Or are you satisfied with passively sitting by and letting your accusation stand in a vacuum, where it could be more easily ignored?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,975

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 8:12am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zookrider
    With all due respect, I believe that this is the appropriate forum for this debate since, as I stated in my original post, I have largely confined myself to discussing facts regarding the school in question. The fact that I don't have photographic evidence of Mr Baker teaching BJJ wearing a black belt doesn't invalidate my claim that he does so. In fact, the statements from his own students in this thread would appear to support my accusation regarding this matter.
    Which still makes it your opinion since, you haven't trained there in over a year correct?


    If an instructor is falsley claiming to be a black belt (even by tacit implication) and promoting students in BJJ improperly doesn't belong in MABS, then I not sure what does.
    I agree as does everyone but his students. Again, you are making claims that are partially disputed. Royce hands out blues like the Ice Cream man. This guy does seem to stink. Oh and yes we need hard facts in MABS. As much as people hate the rest of bullshido, that is what makes some of the investigations top notch. The tangible facts. I know that seems hard to grasp for many people, not just you.
  7. Bustardo is offline
    Bustardo's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    642

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 8:14am


     Style: BJJ/Pekiti Tersia/Hsing-I

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous
    Awarded by who? That's the crux of the whole debate. Is Baker awarding bjj belts?
    Notice how his students come on here, say "raa raa my school is great" but won't answer this simple question?
  8. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 8:50am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course he is. Who teaches BJJ and then says "... but I won't be awarding belts." To do or imply that would be undermining his own authority. If you teach BJJ, you award belts. We know he is teaching it because it's on his website. The question is: How good is he, what rank does he present himself as in class, and who gave him said rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  9. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 8:51am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Somebody has to take his class. Who is in the area that can stop by?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  10. zookrider is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salinas, Ca
    Posts
    100

    Posted On:
    8/18/2008 9:53am


     Style: Modern Army Combatives

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Which still makes it your opinion since, you haven't trained there in over a year correct?



    I agree as does everyone but his students. Again, you are making claims that are partially disputed. Royce hands out blues like the Ice Cream man. This guy does seem to stink. Oh and yes we need hard facts in MABS. As much as people hate the rest of bullshido, that is what makes some of the investigations top notch. The tangible facts. I know that seems hard to grasp for many people, not just you.
    You have a valid point. The problem however lies here. When I started this thread, I still lived in San Angelo. At that time it would have been easy for me to provide any of the requested proof. It got almost zero attention then and therefore essentially died. It was necro-ed a few days ago by a student at Baker's who took exception to my accusations. Now I'm placed in the uncomfortable position of defending those accusations from 1500 miles away.

    I have a perfectly firm grasp on the need for hard facts in MABS. What I don't have is the ability to provide those facts from my present location. That does not however mean that I am willing to let my observations be discounted. Especially in light of the comments that Mr Baker's own students have made which would strongly appear to confirm what I have said.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.