Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 9:58am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is sad, as I am from Abilene (Dyess AFB, 95 miles from San Angelo) and would have gladly checked this out before I moved to Alaska this spring, had I known there was anyone in San Angelo claiming BJJ. I still have friends there, from my days in Lambda Chi Alpha at ASU, but none are martial artists. I only wish I could have another friend track down his sparring partner from those days, Juice, and send him in to give this McDojo a good roll, but I'm not sure if Juice is still there, having been from Corpus Christi (if I remember right, anyway). Bleh, too many "blue belts" in BJJ in West Texas training others. Abilene had the same problem. I got lucky enough to train with a guy who spent every summer at Lion's Den and came back to roll with us the rest of the year.

Good luck in finding out the truth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 9:32pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ blue belt...the new bullshido machine? Wait a minute...what's my belt colour? Never mindi that...

As I recently learned, bjj waters are really, really murky, to say the least! People get belts out of friendship, buissness ventures, correspondence and online tutoring, fpr being old, for cash, politics, to avoid embarassing moments and for actually rolling and being there for class!:badgrin:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/15/2007 11:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rember that Gracies are businessmen first.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 1:39am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God that's nauseating. I'm not disputing what you've said, it just turns my stomach to hear that Royce has stooped to McDojoism.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 7:43am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Avoid-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk
    God that's nauseating. I'm not disputing what you've said, it just turns my stomach to hear that Royce has stooped to McDojoism.
    It was an eye-opener for me, sad but true.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 9:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The UFC was always about making money; that's what Helio Gracie started it for. Dan Severn even told me that that the Gracies didn't want you training anywhere else, even if it hurt your progress.

The solution is consumer-awareness; Bullshido.net is a good source of informing people and improving the standards of the MA world. Don't take anything on faith, that's what Bullshido-cults are all about in accepting their dogma and rejecting rational skepticism.

It's the same with anyone else, like the Aikido-schools who preach a strict code of peace, humility and non-aggression, but say nothing about Seagal making the most violent, arrogant and sadistic films in history in the name of O-senseless, solely because he brings in scads of suckers to their schools. Plenty of pimps out there, and even more hypocrites. Whenever they say "it's not about the money," hold onto your wallet.
    Last edited by kungfu2u; 7/16/2007 9:25am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 9:53am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I'm in the wrong business (Retail sales, overnight stocker), I need to put my white belts in all of the martial arts to work............hey, wait a minute! That's it! I can claim I'm a "super Secret White Belt in ALL martial arts". That sounds like I've trained in everything. I'm a badass.

*scribbles this idea on paper and calls around for buildings to lease*

Finally, I have an exit strategy...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 1:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And we'll be right to call you on your Bullshido.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making money; this is a good thing, since it cuts through the bullshido and teaches the old "Caveat Emptor," since people will learn the same consumer-awareness for their MA schools as they practice against their car-salesman.

Think of Bullshido.com as the "Consumer Reports" of Kung-fu.
    Right now they're just cults where you're supposed to "pay and obey" like a sap for 5 years before seeing any results, and even then you get your ass beat when you most need it.

People have to remember that self-defense is a life-or-death matter..
    Last edited by kungfu2u; 7/16/2007 1:05pm at .

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 1:57pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJM
    How did you keep a straight face after hearing Aikido and BJJ were in the same school?

Don't laugh! There's a local (Seattle -- local to both of us if you're in Redmond) Aikido instructor who is also a legit BJJ brown belt.

How embarassing would it be to be talking **** about Aikido and then get submitted by said instructor???

On the other hand, it would be pretty awesome to watch ****-talkin-joe-BJJ-wannabe get his ass kicked by an aikido guy who is also a 'closet' BJJ brown belt...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2007 4:21pm

Style: GoJu-Ryu (karate) BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Gracies are Brazilian, what would you expect ?
    (This is tipical Brazilain behaviour.)
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast